shadow00caster

Error on Debian 9.1 Stretch

I have Pulseway installed on a fresh Debian 9.1 box and receive the below error:

pulseway[24336]: /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any advice?

Hi,

Currently we do not support openssl1.1, therefore you will need to install openssl 0.9.8

My Linux skills are rusty, but I have two questions.  How did you determine this was your error?  I installed Pulseway on a new Raspberry Pi with Debian Stretch.  Pulseway will not start.  SystemCtrl Status says Pulseway exited, but when I look at the config.xml file, the password has not yet been encrypted.  I have another raspberry pi that was upgraded from Jessie, and that is running fine with Pulseway.

I was able to confirm that openssl 1.1 is installed via the openssl version command, but how does one get the old version installed?  I couldn't find an older version to download. I think it's because there was a security flaw.  Will Pulseway be updating their agent so that it works with 1.1?

Hi,

I have installed the Debian GNU/Linux 9.0 (stratch) on one of mine VM's and the issue was with libssl1.0.1.

As soon as I installed libssl0.9.8 the Pulseway service was started without any errors.

wget http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20110406T213352Z/pool/main/o/openssl098/libssl0.9.8_0.9.8o-7_amd64.deb

Please check this article.

According to solidot April 7 report, OpenSSL has released a 1.0.1g repair bug, Debian distribution in half an hour to repair bug, Fedora issued a correction scheme of an expedient. The bug was introduced in 2011 in OpenSSL, Use the OpenSSL 0.9.8 found that version is not affected, But Debian Wheezy, Ubuntu 12.04.4, CentOS 6.5, Fedora 18, SUSE 12.2, OpenBSD 5.4, FreeBSD 8.4 and NetBSD 5.0.2 version are affected. If the system allows you as concentrated, recommended patches to 1.0.1g or above.

Having the same problem on a fresh install of Raspbian Strech Lite on my Raspberry Pi:

Sep  7 22:21:21 pidp8 pulseway[11554]: /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there a way to fix this other than downgrading libssl?

30 minutes ago, windracer said:

Having the same problem on a fresh install of Raspbian Strech Lite on my Raspberry Pi:

Sep  7 22:21:21 pidp8 pulseway[11554]: /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there a way to fix this other than downgrading libssl?

This is exactly what I'm working with.  I deployed a Pi on a client site and I want to monitor it.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:22 AM, Chris said:

Hi,

I have installed the Debian GNU/Linux 9.0 (stratch) on one of mine VM's and the issue was with libssl1.0.1.

As soon as I installed libssl0.9.8 the Pulseway service was started without any errors.

wget http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20110406T213352Z/pool/main/o/openssl098/libssl0.9.8_0.9.8o-7_amd64.deb

Please check this article.

Thank you for this Chris.  Do you know where we can get the ARMHF version of this package in version 0.9.8?
I searched on the page https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages  and came up empty.

I also tried:  sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.8 but the response was:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libssl0.9.8 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package 'libssl0.9.8' has no installation candidate

It would be really great if Pulseway would accept the latest version of openSSL.  Is that possible?

Hi all,

Last week on Thursday we released a new version of the Linux agent. This version supports up to openssl 1.0.2

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:58 AM, Chris said:

Hi all,

Last week on Thursday we released a new version of the Linux agent. This version supports up to openssl 1.0.2

Awesome, thank you.  Is that version 5.3?

5.3 still isn't working for me:

Sep 15 18:17:46 pidp8 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Monitor and Control Everything IT from Any Smartphone or Tablet...
Sep 15 18:17:47 pidp8 pulseway[1119]: Illegal instruction
Sep 15 18:17:47 pidp8 systemd[1]: Started LSB: Monitor and Control Everything IT from Any Smartphone or Tablet.

So it thinks it's started, but it's not. 

Oh, I see why. I misread the note about the 5.3 agent. It only supports OpenSSL 1.0.2 and my Pi is running 1.1.0f. That's probably the cause still of the illegal instruction. But I do have libssl1.0.2l-2 installed on my Pi. Shouldn't that allow the agent to work? I'd rather not have to go back and rebuild this Pi using Jessie just to get back to an older OpenSSL build just to run the Pulseway agent.

Edited by windracer

Hi,

Please send an email to support@pulseway.com and add the output of this command: grep -i pulseway /var/log/syslog

Also, double-check if the config.xml file is not broken.

Thanks, Chris. config.xml is fine. I sent in an e-mail to support. The only result of the grep command is what I posted previously:

Sep 15 18:17:47 pidp8 pulseway[1119]: Illegal instruction