kavaa

Auto detect SNMP Settings form Device

It would be nice if Pulseway can monitor SNMP agents without setting up all OID's

So that if you discover a device like a Synology NAS or HP ILO or Whatever it automatically starts pulling data form it.

Like Observium does. So you can also get graphs / system info form it etc.

This would be awesome!

This is the biggest reason keeping us from using Pulseway more w/ built in features - manually managing OIDs for a network full of gear is simply not something we are going to do when so many other products ping and poll the data and allow you to select what you want to see without added configuration. 

That said, we love pulse way and use it heavily. We just wish we could get rid of our current network monitor for this. 

@PulsewayTeam any news on this? We we can get some graphs out of pulseway and detailed info like uptime or graphs for network speeds for Routers / Devices etc.

Hi there,

I'm afraid that there is no progress on this yet. We're going to be introducing Agent Policies to centralize the configuration of Pulseway agents, this will greatly ease the process of pushing new configuration to agents and we will definitely be introducing templates for various use cases and SNMP might come up with templates at start then we will extend it to guess the device and automatically pick a template.

-Paul

++1 also for this feature.

We have used Zabbix, Cacti and other programs to help is create management reports for ongoing issues. Having a graph and data in tables really helps Exec with decision making. It also helps show your suggestions worked for a solution.

Gary

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ethorup
      This script will download the small online installer, generate the silent install cfg file and run the installer.  The timer near the end is set for 3 minutes as it has to download the full installer first and Java takes a while to install anyway.  If you want to get the latest version just go to https://java.com/en/download/win10.jsp and copy the link from the button that says "Agree and start free download".  Then past this link into the $source variable.  I find that this installer works on both windows 7 and windows 10.

# Download and silent install Java Runtime Environement
      # working directory path
      $workd = "c:\temp"
      # Check if work directory exists if not create it
      If (!(Test-Path -Path $workd -PathType Container))

New-Item -Path $workd  -ItemType directory 
      }
      #create config file for silent install
      $text = '
      INSTALL_SILENT=Enable
      AUTO_UPDATE=Enable
      SPONSORS=Disable
      REMOVEOUTOFDATEJRES=1
      '
      $text | Set-Content "$workd\jreinstall.cfg"

#download executable, this is the small online installer
      $source = "http://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=230511_2f38c3b165be4555a1fa6e98c45e0808"
      $destination = "$workd\jreInstall.exe"
      $client = New-Object System.Net.WebClient
      $client.DownloadFile($source, $destination)
      #install silently
      Start-Process -FilePath "$workd\jreInstall.exe" -ArgumentList INSTALLCFG="$workd\jreinstall.cfg"
      # Wait 120 Seconds for the installation to finish
      Start-Sleep -s 180
      # Remove the installer
      rm -Force $workd\jre*
    • By Hugo
      How would I get a ticket status to change to "client responded" when a client responds to a "completed" ticket
    • By MattK
      Hi,
      This might be related to this topic, but over the last week I'm seeing notifications for all updates, not just Windows Defender.
      If I delete the notification it comes back again, checking the server shows "26 optional updates are available" (note "optional")
      Pulseway setting: Notifications > Status > "Send a notification when critical or important updates are available with priority" = Automatic
      My notification on my mobile is reading "26 important updates are available..."
      Clicking into the mobile app and checking the Windows Updates it's reporting them as "important" when they aren't.
      For example the server itself lists KB2386667 as recommended but it's listed as important in Pulseway.

• By Andy Raybould
      Is it possible to change the date format for Notifications in the Windows 10 app to UK (currently set to US)
    • By Antoine Dumont
      Hi,
      I recently installed Pulseway Dashboard 5.1.2 version on my Windows 10 Pro computer but now I want to logout my account. 
      I don't see any button to do that. 
      Best regards,