Akits

Not running under Ubuntu 18.04

Hi

I can't get pulseway to connect to the android app when it's running on my ubuntu 18.04 server. It worked just fine until I updated to U 18.04.
Has this occured to any one else? Is there an solution?

Hi there,

Can you check the syslog to see if there's anything logged that's relevant to the Pulseway daemon?

-Paul

I'm having a similar problem after upgrading to Bionic Beaver (18.04) ... pulsewayd won't start. At first, after the upgrade, I was seeing this in the syslog:

Apr 26 19:38:34 nucleus pulseway[1006]: /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I downloaded the latest .deb and installed it over my existing install. pulsewayd still wouldn't start and now I'm seeing this:

Apr 26 21:19:52 nucleus pulseway[16794]: /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: undefined symbol: CRYPTO_num_locks

But now when I try to start it nothing happens and nothing appears in the syslog.

Hi,

Currently the Pulseway agent doesn't support the libssl version 1.1. You will need to do the following:

1. Uninstall the Pulseway agent.
  2. Replace libssl 1.1 with libssl 1.0.2 or older versions of libssl.
  3. And finally, re-install the Pulseway agent.

Any plans on supporting the newer libssl? This seems like the same problem that prevents Pulseway from running on my Raspberry Pi as well (link). That's been a problem since September last year and it still doesn't work. Very disappointing.

I do have libssl 1.0.2 installed, by the way:

15:23:52 /usr/lib:$ dpkg -l |grep libssl
ii  libssl-dev:amd64                      1.1.0g-2ubuntu4                     amd64        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development files
ii  libssl1.0.0:amd64                     1.0.2n-1ubuntu5                     amd64        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
ii  libssl1.1:amd64                       1.1.0g-2ubuntu4                     amd64        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
15:28:58 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$ ls -la libssl*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 328128 Feb  5 05:36 libssl3.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 740092 Apr 25 13:03 libssl.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     13 Apr 25 13:03 libssl.so -> libssl.so.1.1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 426232 Mar 27 13:48 libssl.so.1.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 433760 Apr 25 13:03 libssl.so.1.1
15:30:23 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$ ls -la libcrypto*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4832196 Apr 25 13:03 libcrypto.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      16 Apr 25 13:03 libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.1.1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2357760 Mar 27 13:48 libcrypto.so.1.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2575848 Apr 25 13:03 libcrypto.so.1.1

Hi there,

You need to change the symbolic link to point to the 1.0.0 versions instead of the 1.1 versions.

-Paul