Digital

Remote Desktop On Mac

If Pulseway already uses MS RDP for Windows systems, there are some RDP servers for Mac (NuoRDS - not open source) and Linux (xrdp) that could work. If you're looking at other protocols, there are VNC servers for Mac, Linux, and Android - but requires jailbreak for IOS as far as I can tell. 

It would be cool to remote into anything and everything through one tool. For now, I'm using NoMachine to get to my Linux desktops, since it has clients for Mac, Linux, and Android.

This is seriously upsetting. Pulseway is the closest to my desired price range and the most sensible for my use case, yet I am forced to use a VM to remote to my clients with windows. Not to mention, within the next two months I will have to take on a client with a few Macs and I am not quite sure what my plan is for that yet :/. If you guys could seriously either hop on the web RD tool or the mac RD tool, I would be so happy. I really love what you guys are building but I think you might want to pause a lot of the nitty gritty features and just get it up to speed in terms of being a cross platform solution.

We from ITiseasy are curious about the development state for MacOS RDP at this moment.Did pulseway started already and yes how far are you guys with this dev.?

If not, when do you expect to start dev. this solution?

Edited by ITiseasy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sean Faria
      Hi,
      I am trying to install GCPW (Google Credential Provider for Windows).
      I am running into issue where with it:
      <# This script downloads Google Credential Provider for Windows from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gcpw/, then installs and configures it. Windows administrator access is required to use the script. #> <# Set the following key to the domains you want to allow users to sign in from. For example: $domainsAllowedToLogin = "acme1.com,acme2.com" #> $domainsAllowedToLogin = "" Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Drawing Add-Type -AssemblyName PresentationFramework <# Check if one or more domains are set #> if ($domainsAllowedToLogin.Equals('')) { $msgResult = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('The list of domains cannot be empty! Please edit this script.', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Error') exit 5 } function Is-Admin() { $admin = [bool](([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).groups -match 'S-1-5-32-544') return $admin } <# Check if the current user is an admin and exit if they aren't. #> if (-not (Is-Admin)) { $result = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Please run as administrator!', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Error') exit 5 } <# Choose the GCPW file to download. 32-bit and 64-bit versions have different names #> $gcpwFileName = 'gcpwstandaloneenterprise.msi' if ([Environment]::Is64BitOperatingSystem) { $gcpwFileName = 'gcpwstandaloneenterprise64.msi' } <# Download the GCPW installer. #> $gcpwUrlPrefix = 'https://dl.google.com/credentialprovider/' $gcpwUri = $gcpwUrlPrefix + $gcpwFileName Write-Host 'Downloading GCPW from' $gcpwUri Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $gcpwUri -OutFile $gcpwFileName <# Run the GCPW installer and wait for the installation to finish #> $arguments = "/i "$gcpwFileName"" $installProcess = (Start-Process msiexec.exe -ArgumentList $arguments -PassThru -Wait) <# Check if installation was successful #> if ($installProcess.ExitCode -ne 0) { $result = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Installation failed!', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Error') exit $installProcess.ExitCode } else { $result = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Installation completed successfully!', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Info') } <# Set the required registry key with the allowed domains #> $registryPath = 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\GCPW' $name = 'domains_allowed_to_login' [microsoft.win32.registry]::SetValue($registryPath, $name, $domainsAllowedToLogin) $domains = Get-ItemPropertyValue HKLM:\Software\Google\GCPW -Name $name if ($domains -eq $domainsAllowedToLogin) { $msgResult = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Configuration completed successfully!', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Info') } else { $msgResult = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Could not write to registry. Configuration was not completed.', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Error') }

I have tried the following:
      1. Run from batch file -- error "run as admin" but admin parameter was added
      2. Run from PowerShell --  error "leaves the script running forever"
      3. Pushed file to user and ran it (1) PowerShell -- error "needs run as admin" but admin parameter was added (2) batch -- error "script non-responsive"
    • By kappnet
      Hi,
      I am looking for a script that can trigger a 3rd party patch policy ad-hoc outside the policy schedule.
      It´s going to be used to start the installation process of software on newly registered machines in a "Computer registered" workflow.
      If there is anyone with another take on that I´m all ears.

Best regards

Mike

• By TechSolutionLLC
      Hello,
      I would like to see the ability to run dual screens viewable at the same time on the remote control. That way customers who need to run dual screens and have to work from home arent stuck playing swap between screens. I think either opening a second connection to the computer with one of the separate screen would be fine, but maybe there is a better way like how Remote Desktop works or Google Chrome Remote Desktop works. 
    • By Martin Stevnhoved
      Hi.
      If it is possible I would like to exclude full automation scripts from the diagnostics log "trace.log".
      In normal situations it is fine with just an indication of the execution with the script name.
      I guess you could add one more checkbox like "Include full Automation Scripts" in settings, and let it be disabled as default.

Best Regards,
      Martin.
    • By CurryTheDemon
      Hello there, I just got Pulseway today as of 5/1/20 and am intending to use it to mainly be able to remote control access my PC from my phone when away from the house. I am installed all the appropriate applications needed and went through the Pulseway Remote Access application along with Pulseway Manager application and have enabled Remote Access. But for some reason I still can not access it from my phone. Perhaps I am missing a step? It would be amazing if someone would be able to help me troubleshoot this situation. Thank you for your time.