Pulseway not recognizing newly added systems for workflow automation

Monotype6932

Hello all,

We are having an issue when we add new systems to Pulseway using the custom iso installer in that it doesn't seem to acknowledge that the system is newly added. Because of this PW doesn't run the workflow designed to run at install and it's creating quite a hassle for us seeing as we set up about 100 computers a year. It worked without any issues up until recently. We'd run the iso, PW would see the newly added system, and the workflow would be triggered. Now, we run the iso, the system is still added to PW, but nothing happens. There is no notification that the system has been added nor is the workflow triggered. If I then manually run the same install task, everything works fine. The only thing I can think of is the 9.5 release happened around the same time but even using the same 9.3 installer we've been using for months doesn't work.

I've spent WAY too much time looking for the cause but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• Administrators

Hey @Monotype6932

Thanks a mill for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you are facing issues with he custom iso installer, seeing as it ran fine up until recently this leads me to believe that it may be a possible bug/glitch. To get to the bottom of this I would love to raise a ticket in your name so if you could DM me your Pulseway email I will raise a ticket to support and we can figure out what's happening. 

Thank

Stefan

We've been facing this issue since the rollout of 9.5, and it has brought our onboarding processes to a comparative standstill. After being promised a quick follow-up, we were told by support in February we have no choice but to wait until May for a solution to be included in 9.6. If/when you do reach out to support I hope you have better luck than we did!

On 4/16/2024 at 4:48 AM, StefanMcl_Pulseway said:

Hey @Monotype6932

Thanks a mill for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you are facing issues with he custom iso installer, seeing as it ran fine up until recently this leads me to believe that it may be a possible bug/glitch. To get to the bottom of this I would love to raise a ticket in your name so if you could DM me your Pulseway email I will raise a ticket to support and we can figure out what's happening. 

Thank

Stefan

Hi @StefanMcl_Pulseway, thanks for your response. I agree that it seems like a bug, however, I'm not convinced that it's necessarily the installer that isn't working right seeing as the older ISO that we've used for months also didn't fix it. I'll still get you my email, though. Thanks for that.