Aaron Trujillo

Kamailio Notifications

root@FOO:~# service kamailio status
● kamailio.service - Kamailio (OpenSER) - the Open Source SIP Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/kamailio.service; enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2016-11-17 06:24:17 MST; 1h 43min ago
  Process: 33393 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/kamailio -P /var/run/kamailio/kamailio.pid -f $CFGFILE -m $SHM_MEMORY -M $PKG_MEMORY -u $USER -g $GROUP (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 33398 (kamailio)

My Kamailio has gone down twice in the last two weeks and i have not been getting notifications through Pulseway.  Above is the Kamailio service in a running state and below is my configuration set up, for that service to be monitored.  

<!--Monitored Services-->
  <MonitoredServices>
    <!--Service
      - Name: service name
      - DisplayName: friendly name used for display
      - IsDaemon: 'true' if the monitored service is a daemon and 'false' if the monitored service is a process
      - DaemonType: system management daemon type: NONE, SYSVINIT, UPSTART or SYSTEMD
      - Path: path of the monitored service (this is used when the monitored service is a process)
      - StartParameters: parameters used to start the monitored service (this is used when the monitored service is a process)
      - CanBeStopped: 'true' or 'false'-->
    <Service Name="cups" DisplayName="CUPS Service" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="SYSVINIT" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="false" />
    <Service Name="ntpd" DisplayName="NTPD Process" IsDaemon="false" DaemonType="NONE" Path="/usr/sbin/ntpd" StartParameters="-p /var/run/ntp/ntpd.pid -g -u ntp:ntp -i /var/lib/ntp -c /etc/ntp.conf" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="false" />
    <Service Name="ssh" DisplayName="SSH/Jenkins" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="SYSTEMD" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="true" />
    <Service Name="SuSEfirewall2.service" DisplayName="SuSE Firewall Service" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="SYSTEMD" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="false" />
    <Service Name="kamailio" DisplayName="Kamailio (OpenSER)" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="SYSTEMD" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="true" />
    <Service Name="keepalived" DisplayName="keepalived" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="SYSTEMD" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="true" />
    <Service Name="nodejs" DisplayName="nodejs" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="SYSTEMD" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="true" />
  </MonitoredServices>

Any guidance in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

More information...

So it appears that if i stop the service manually i do get notifications, but the two times that the Kamailio service stopped/crashed in the middle of the night, i did not get any notifications.  

UPDATE

When Kamailio is manually stopped (service kamailio stop) Pulseway will send a notification to me and the status shows:

Active: inactive (dead) since Thu 2016-11-17 10:48:43 MST; 5s ago

But when i kill one of the child process (kill -9 15489) Pulseway does not send notification and the status shows:

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2016-11-17 10:45:01 MST; 3s ago

Apparently what is happening is one of the child processes is being killed and this sends a message to kill all the processes and this obviously stops or kamailio service from working correctly...

So why am I not getting notification when it is in a failed state?  Is there a way to fix it so that i do?