Stuart Mitchell

Plugin Deployment

Is there a graceful method that Pulseway has to deploy plugins to endpoints? There are a couple of plugins I would like to use for all of our monitored Windows machines, but manually downloading the plugin, installing it, and configuring it on each individual machine won't be worth the time.

We have a Pulseway Enterprise Server; is there a way we can load the plugins into that, so we can deploy them to monitored endpoints?

Hi Stuart,

This isn't possible as of not however it's a brilliant idea. I'll notify the development team of this.

-Paul

we use three plug ins, open / shutdown plugin allows remote reset / shutdown and pc monitor config which allows denial of all sorts of things from the mobile app.

there are two different shutdown plugins we use, hence three of them.

MobilePCMonitorConfigurator.dll

PaulCsiki.ShutdownPlugin.dll

ShutdownScheduler.dll

I too would like the ability of installing these automatically rather than manually.

Edited by John.Appleton
added comment

Actually I was thinking about the exact same thing too. I wrote my shutdown plugin because the other one didn't work when I tried it. Does it work for you?

-Paul

Hi Juhan,

You can place the plugin into the shared folder and then configure it on one of your monitored systems. After you have configured it, then try to create the powershell script which will recreate this registry key on other machines:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Plugins

But note, if you have deployed more than one plugin, then this could become complicated.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:27 PM, Chris said:

Hi Juhan,

You can place the plugin into the shared folder and then configure it on one of your monitored systems. After you have configured it, then try to create the powershell script which will recreate this registry key on other machines:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Plugins

But note, if you have deployed more than one plugin, then this could become complicated.

Thanks for your reply!

Just tested it on one computer and it works. Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ethorup
      This script will download the small online installer, generate the silent install cfg file and run the installer.  The timer near the end is set for 3 minutes as it has to download the full installer first and Java takes a while to install anyway.  If you want to get the latest version just go to https://java.com/en/download/win10.jsp and copy the link from the button that says "Agree and start free download".  Then past this link into the $source variable.  I find that this installer works on both windows 7 and windows 10.

# Download and silent install Java Runtime Environement
      # working directory path
      $workd = "c:\temp"
      # Check if work directory exists if not create it
      If (!(Test-Path -Path $workd -PathType Container))

New-Item -Path $workd  -ItemType directory 
      }
      #create config file for silent install
      $text = '
      INSTALL_SILENT=Enable
      AUTO_UPDATE=Enable
      SPONSORS=Disable
      REMOVEOUTOFDATEJRES=1
      '
      $text | Set-Content "$workd\jreinstall.cfg"

#download executable, this is the small online installer
      $source = "http://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=230511_2f38c3b165be4555a1fa6e98c45e0808"
      $destination = "$workd\jreInstall.exe"
      $client = New-Object System.Net.WebClient
      $client.DownloadFile($source, $destination)
      #install silently
      Start-Process -FilePath "$workd\jreInstall.exe" -ArgumentList INSTALLCFG="$workd\jreinstall.cfg"
      # Wait 120 Seconds for the installation to finish
      Start-Sleep -s 180
      # Remove the installer
      rm -Force $workd\jre*
    • By Hugo
      How would I get a ticket status to change to "client responded" when a client responds to a "completed" ticket
    • By MattK
      Hi,
      This might be related to this topic, but over the last week I'm seeing notifications for all updates, not just Windows Defender.
      If I delete the notification it comes back again, checking the server shows "26 optional updates are available" (note "optional")
      Pulseway setting: Notifications > Status > "Send a notification when critical or important updates are available with priority" = Automatic
      My notification on my mobile is reading "26 important updates are available..."
      Clicking into the mobile app and checking the Windows Updates it's reporting them as "important" when they aren't.
      For example the server itself lists KB2386667 as recommended but it's listed as important in Pulseway.

• By Andy Raybould
      Is it possible to change the date format for Notifications in the Windows 10 app to UK (currently set to US)
    • By Antoine Dumont
      Hi,
      I recently installed Pulseway Dashboard 5.1.2 version on my Windows 10 Pro computer but now I want to logout my account. 
      I don't see any button to do that. 
      Best regards,