"Start Remote Control Session" Grayed Out

Mr_JimWest

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Johan Andersson said:

Hi @Paul

Is there a chance you can add 2 weeks on my account as well? I'd really like to try out this feature.

For sure! I've activated the trial subscription :lol:.

-Paul

• 1 month later...

So here is the question. My account says that it's "Pro" which is not listed on the pricing page - I'm assuming that it is simply the free plan. Remote control is enabled, yet not available. I do not want to pay for 3 systems, how can I get a subscription for a single host? Like you know, something that us mere mortals in Europe can spare for a feature that we'll use once a year. €2.29 a month / € 27.48 a year is not very welcoming value for this use case.

• Administrators

Hello @Rhea,

We list the Pro plan on the website as "Starter". To be able to use the Pulseway Remote Control functionality you have to purchase a subscription (of any size). Also if you decide to add another system, you will not be charged for the two systems you have received free of charge. In other words a 3 system subscription will only cost you € 27.48 per year and will give you monitoring and remote control capabilities for all 3 systems.

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...

So, if I download the starter version and only want to control 2 computers it won't work because I don't buy a license for 3 or more. If that is the case then it would appear that the first 2 are not free, just discounted. I wanted this to be able to get on my granddaughters computer when she was having problems. I am not against buying the third license, the price is fine for that. Just think there should be something that states the 2 free won't allow remote access. Tirade done, if I purchase the third license will that activate remote control?

Edited by Paul

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Larry814 said:

So, if I download the starter version and only want to control 2 computers it won't work because I don't buy a license for 3 or more. If that is the case then it would appear that the first 2 are not free, just discounted. I wanted this to be able to get on my granddaughters computer when she was having problems. I am not against buying the third license, the price is fine for that. Just think there should be something that states the 2 free won't allow remote access. Tirade done, if I purchase the third license will that activate remote control?

Correct, purchasing the third license will activate remote control. We do mention on the plan comparison that the free plan doesn't include Remote Control.

plans.thumb.png.555874191ae393c7bf721ee0226f2f25.png

-Paul

On 2/3/2020 at 8:08 AM, CCPCTech said:

So after a bit of banging my head on the desk over WHY my remote access was greyed out, I stumbled on this. The entire reason for downloading and trying this was to hopefully replace another remote app we are currently using.

Seriously, this. There is NO indication that the Remote Desktop feature is an Pro/Enterprise Only feature. You're going to lose customers because they will simply try a limited deployment on 2 systems using the free version (maybe on their home PC and their Kid's PC, like I did) and give up on making Remote Work (like I did) and move on to the next product that has better documentation.

Then, later down the line, they will come back and work on why the Remote doesn't work, find this and with an exasperated sigh they will say "Oh, well. We're already using PRODUCT_B."

Edited by Nauip

On 2/5/2020 at 4:16 AM, Jon said:

I was doing the same thing! This should really be advertised upfront. I was losing my mind digging through posts and config guides.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, Paul said:

For sure! I've activated the trial subscription :lol:.

-Paul

Same here. I spent one hour to figure out why it does not work. It should be clear: "This feature is not enabled for free version"

I also wanted to change from Team Viewer, but firstly I had to test your remote desktop feature.

Is it possible to activate for a few days to see how it looks like?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 5/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, IT Support said:

Same here. I spent one hour to figure out why it does not work. It should be clear: "This feature is not enabled for free version"

I also wanted to change from Team Viewer, but firstly I had to test your remote desktop feature.

Is it possible to activate for a few days to see how it looks like?

Hi, sorry for the delay. I've activated a subscription on your account for two weeks.

Enjoy!

-Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, DoomBringer1331 said:

Hi there i was wondering if i could please also trial a 2 week free subscription so i could try the remote desktop feature i am thinking of purchasing pulseway for my remote desktop uses

Thanks

*poof* I've activated a trial subscription. Enjoy!

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 8/30/2020 at 5:53 AM, wildd18765 said:

hi i have 2 systems that i need to monitor and 1 system that i need to remote into on occasion. i already have a free account. need to know how to sign up for only 2 systems

You can purchase the third system and the 2 systems included for free will be converted as well. This way you pay for one system but get to use 3 systems.

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 minutes ago, Hermann said:

Hi @Paul

I would like to try the Remote Control feature too, before I suggest my company buying Pulseway. Could you add a 2 Week trial to my account too?

Hi @Hermann,

I've activated the trial. Enjoy :lol:!

-Paul

• 2 months later...

@Paul I am curious, I want to use my home PC, with this remote feature, I have a dj mixing and live streaming site, the phone app, to remotely control the music and other apps on my PC is top notch, what I am curious though... Is that I can't use remote access, I mean I only want it for 1 pc and I can't find anywhere to pay or stuff like that? Is there any way to bypass the greyed out button? 

• Administrators
On 11/15/2020 at 2:35 PM, vic95kid said:

@Paul I am curious, I want to use my home PC, with this remote feature, I have a dj mixing and live streaming site, the phone app, to remotely control the music and other apps on my PC is top notch, what I am curious though... Is that I can't use remote access, I mean I only want it for 1 pc and I can't find anywhere to pay or stuff like that? Is there any way to bypass the greyed out button? 

Pulseway remote control is a premium feature that is only available once your account has an active subscription.

-Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi there,

I'd like to look into your case. Can you please create a read-only account for me on your Pulseway instance using the email address paul.csiki [at] pulseway [dot] com? There's no need to tell me the password, I will just reset it when you've created the account. I'll investigate the problem right away.

-Paul

• 3 weeks later...