Rick Clemens

Central Configuration of Policy

Pulseway WebApp in 6.x has implemented the centralized management of Group Policy via the Configuration section of Server Admin.  This is a Great Start! 

Now it would be great if we could configure policy at the Site and Organization Level as well.  With application rules similar to Active Directory where the Organization policy would be overwritten by the Site Policy which would be overwritten by the Group Policy.  This would allow for easy policy changes across all systems at the Organization Level and more granular policy changes at Site and Group Level.

Right Now I have 100 policies I have to manage and any change requires editing each policy because of the variances of our systems.

In the attached example it would be nice to set policy at the WO (Organization Level) for Notifications (offline, CPU, RAM) which are generally always the same for us and then downstream in Site and Group level I can do more specific monitoring if needed.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Rick Clemens

Hi Rick,

This is coming up in the 6.1 release. I can barely contain my excitement about this :lol:.

-Paul

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AGrolleman
      Requesting a Two-Way sync between Autotask's PSA and Pulseway. (And possible more ticketing / PSA systems). I would like to see when a ticket gets resolved that the Pulseway resolves / deletes the notification.
      I tried to get something going with the API, only the Ticket ID is not being sent over to Autotask. This could be a quick workaround.

P.S. Why is under every ticket the text: "Sent from Pulseway (www.pulseway.com)." being added? I already paid for the product .
    • By Martin Stevnhoved
      Hi.
      It would be nice with a searchable Remote Desktop history.
      It could include fields like...
      Date/Time Device Session User Confirmed Durration For audit it would be great if it was possible to document what when users has had a remote desktop session, and if it has been approved by the session user.
    • By dpbklyn
      Is there a way to kick off an automated task based on a notification or alert.  For Example, if we get a notification of a disk getting full, I would want the automation to run: 
      <Open a ticket>--> <add predetermined note>--> <add 15 minutes>--><run task to clean drive>--><send notification that task has completed>--><close ticket>
      Is this possible now, or should this be a feature request?
      Thank you,
      dp
    • By AlanRTonn
      I am finding the interface to be aggravating. In some places when i click on a ticket I get a pop out window that holds my ticket and time entries. I love it working this way. But then I go to the timesheets look at the list of the tickets there and click one and it opens in a new or the current tab. I dislike tickets opening in the current or new tab, but even more... I dislike the inconsistency where in one place it opens differently than another. Let's get the interface to be consistent. AND while your at it, maybe the new/same tab vs new window can be a configurable choice so that users won't complain that their favorite way of tickets opening isn't stuck doing the opposite of the way they like it.