Network Discovery across VLANs

Darrell

• Administrators

Hi Darrell,

We scan all the local (and public if configured) networks that are assigned to your NICs. We take each IP address and subnet mask to calculate which networks we need to scan. If you provide access to other networks via static routes these networks will not be included in your network discovery.

-Paul

As a NFR I think it would be better to permit identifying the ip ranges that are static routes that you wish to scan. Permit entering something like: 192.168.1.1-254, 192.168.10.1-254, 192.168.20.1-254 and then off the discovery goes across your defined VLANs.

• Staff

Hi Darrell,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will consider the possibility to introduce this option into the future, but meanwhile, in order to scan other subnets, you will need to change the subnet mask on the system which is marked as a probe.

• Administrators

I'd also like to add that you either change the subnet of a NIC as @Chris pointed out to include the other networks or you can simply add additional IP addresses in the other networks on the same NIC just for the duration of the agent deployment procedure.

We will consider adding support for manually inputting which networks to scan.

-Paul

• 1 year later...

Hi Paul,

I would like to second the suggestion for being able to manually request an IP range to be scanned.

I have quite a few clients where i would like to be able to do a probe from their domain controller that is hosted off site and on a tottally different network than the on site router (f.x. router network is 192.168.1.x and DC is on 10.100.100.1)

I have tried adding a 192.168.1.x IP to the NIC before running the probe but it doesn't work.

P.S. The on premise network is completely accessible from the DC.

B.R. Haddi

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...