FEATURE REQUEST: TIME ZONE setting for clients`

ComputerConsulting

I looked at another MST product last week that had the option to set up the time zone when setting up a client.

I live in Thailand but my clients are mostly in the US.  I'm getting notifications with my time zone, but not theirs.  I need a way for the system to differentiate the times of various clients.

In the agent, I can set the time or times that I want the computers to be in maintenance mode.  But when the time zone changes, there is no modify it according to the time zone itself.

• Administrators

Hi there,

The maintenance schedule will always use local time on each machine. If you remotely edit the configuration of a system and update the maintenance schedule you're editing the schedule in the timezone of the remote machine.

Does this make sense?

-Paul

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Hi there,

The maintenance schedule will always use local time on each machine. If you remotely edit the configuration of a system and update the maintenance schedule you're editing the schedule in the timezone of the remote machine.

Does this make sense?

-Paul

Sure it makes sense, but that isn't what I want.

If I have Client A in Philadephia (EST) 

Client B in Pomono CA (PST)

And set a script to run at 5:00AM, it is going to run at 5:00AM my time, right?

There is no way for Pulseway to know where a customer is located.

And now that I've looked at the settings on your website, it only asks me which country I am in.  So If I set a script to run at 5:00AM, which 5:00AM is it going to run?  I just went to schedule a script and it gave me my time here in Bangkok.  I DO NOT want scripts to run at my time, but rather their time.  

It's not clear to me when they run.  That's dangerous.

• 4 weeks later...