DuarteV

SNMP discover request error

Hi, having trouble discovering SNMP on Windows 8.1 pc, geting error: Rquest Timeout, have tried with Firewall off and the same error, the device already works with another requester, can anyone help?

erro SNMP_windows 8.1.png

Hi @DuarteV,

Does it work to perform a CRAWL with another SNMP browser? Can you tell us what's the name of the tool? It's possible it's just trying to match some OIDs and use the values returned to determine the device type and from there it loads built-in MIBs. Our crawl function actually tries to iterate the values on the device itself but it's not an operation that all devices support.

-Paul

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Parallax Abstraction
      Hey all.
      I've enabled 2FA on my Pulseway account but I'm having an issue with it constantly prompting for 2FA every time I try to use Remote Control on a system I manage from the Pulseway Dashboard application. I have the setting enabled in the WebApp to refuce the frequency of the prompts but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. I seem to be getting prompted every time. I'd honestly rather get prompted once when I launch the Dashboard application then every single time I want to remote to a system.
      Is there a way to stop these constant 2FA prompts without disabling it entirely? Thanks!
    • By Parallax Abstraction
      Remote Control really needs the ability to both trigger a reboot and to automatically reconnect when the system you're connected to completes the restart. Having it immediately disconnect when a reboot is triggered (usually if it's running as a service, it should be able to hold the session open for things like the first phase of installing Windows updates) and having to manually try over and over again to see if the machine has completed its reboot is really frustrating when you're trying to solve an issue remotely that requires a lot of reboots or even when you're just trying to do a number of updates to a system.
    • By AC_Martin_J
      I'm currently running Pulseway OnPrem (7.0.0 build 120 release 283), and I'm using Pulseway Remote Control (6.6.3). 

The issue I have experienced is that the remote control notification doesn't always show up on the client when I attempt to remote control a session. We have 150+ computers in our environment and sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it doesn't, and the different behavior can even occur on the same machine from time to time.
      Pulseway is configured to automatically allow the remote session if no one accept (or deny) the request within a minute, and I have noticed that even if the notification doesn't show up, the connection will still be established when the timer runs out. 

To make things clearer, here are two different scenarios. (Scenario 2 is the incorrect behavior)
      Scenario 1:
      Select computer -> Select active session -> Client notification "do you allow x to remote control" -> User press Allow -> Remote session established 
      Scenario 2:
      Select computer -> Select active session -> Client notification not shown -> 1 minute timeout -> Remote session established 

Are you guys aware of this? Has anyone else experienced the same behavior?
    • By JCrawford-BT
      The recent update to the web portal that stripped away all the colors and icons and left blue or grey outlines on a blue and grey/white backdrop is horrid. Using the web portal is now much less intuitive and not as easy to navigate at a glance by far.
      Is there any way to go back to the previous interface that had colors? I mean, if you're not going to give us the choice on using such a minimalist interface, at least give us a dark mode...