itshero

Pulseway app isn't sending notifications

I recently got a new phone, which is a Pixel 2 XL and I've noticed I never receive push notifications for when an alert is thrown out in the app.  I have had no issues with any other app throwing push notifications and have not modified any settings in how notifications are displayed on my device.

I am on Android v 9.0 currently if that matters.

Edited by itshero

Hi @itshero,

Please doublecheck the settings (permissions) for the Pulseway app. Is it possible that you have selected the settings not to allow the Push notifications when you were asked about it after the installation? Also, please check the Pulseway app settings to see if these options are enabled.

If you want to reconfigure the Pulseway app on your phone, then please delete the storage for this app and reconfigure it.

I was never asked to enable the push notifications by the app.  I have cleared the app cache many times, reinstalled, rebooted checked permissions already.

Which version of Pulseway are you on? I've had this problem but only since being migrated to 6.0, now I get email notifications which I don't want and is turned off on the web app, and I no longer get push notifications which is turned on, tried toggling the options but no change.

Don't know if you managed to solve this but I recently had the same problem and it turned out that my phone had been deleted from the authorised devices in the Pulseway webapp, simply rebooted my phone and it re-registered with the webapp and started receiving notifications.

On 9/28/2018 at 5:43 AM, SyntechCS said:

Don't know if you managed to solve this but I recently had the same problem and it turned out that my phone had been deleted from the authorised devices in the Pulseway webapp, simply rebooted my phone and it re-registered with the webapp and started receiving notifications.

Not the case for me.  My device is listed on it.

Hi @itshero,

Please make sure that the Push notifications are enabled for your account.

image.png.1fc73012241ee2e9c7eca4366896491d.png

And if this setting is enabled then delete the storage for the Pulseway app on your phone, delete the device registration from the Pulseway WebApp and then reinstall the Pulseway app and configure it.

Please let us know how it goes.