SimonW

Automation script visibility

I have created a number of Automation scripts that I would now like to share with other Pulseway users of our Enterprise installation.  How is this best done?

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately you can not share scripts between user accounts, because scripts can be attached to the task and then if the script is edited by another user, then this task could fail.

However if you want to share the scripts between user accounts, then you will need to create the shared folder on your network from which Pulseway users can download required scripts, or you can use the online storage like (Google drive, Dropbox, etc.).

On 1/4/2018 at 12:10 PM, Chris said:

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately you can not share scripts between user accounts, because scripts can be attached to the task and then if the script is edited by another user, then this task could fail.

However if you want to share the scripts between user accounts, then you will need to create the shared folder on your network from which Pulseway users can download required scripts, or you can use the online storage like (Google drive, Dropbox, etc.).

Saying that though, shared tasks and scripts would be ridiculously handy. We had a problem with a task the other day which was unique to one of our guys' logins and we couldn't do anything about it until we had access to that account.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Digital
      I am trying to a WR to one of my client pc's. I have purchased the licence from within the pulseway web app. 
      Where do I find the licence key / number ?

I all ready have one client installed so their is no option to select trial again......
      Also their is no "Trial Site"  in the WR console to correspond to my in app WR purchase?

• By DigitalDentist
      Is there anyway to show the last 3 scripts that have been ran on a system. Perhaps right below the run automation scripts. Nothing too detailed, but per system it would be nice to see what's been ran recently maybe title of script ran date and complete or failed status.

• By JohnnyJoker
      Hello,
      we'd like to move our pcmonitor database from the current SQL Server (2014 Standard) in one Domain to another SQL Server (2016 Enterprise) in a different domain. The Pulseway Enterprise/Admin Server won't change and is already a member of the target domain.
      As far as I remember the process would be:
      Stop Pulseway Services Backup DB on old SQL Server Create SQL Login for the Service on the new SQL Server Restore DB on new SQL Server Edit the connectionstring in the Registry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor Admin\DatabaseConnectionString) The connection string is encrypted - what would be the required format? Edit the connectionstring in the Hosting folder for the follwing web.config files ..\Hosting\Service\web.config Start Pulseway Services Did I miss anything important? If not, all I'd need would be the format of the connectionstring in the registry
      Cheers, Jonathan
    • By Cor van Vaneveld
      Is it possible to start a script on a group?
    • By Cor van Vaneveld
      Network Discovery and Automatic Deployment
      Is it possible to find a network appartment with the discovery tool? What's more in the planning for this feature? Is it possible to customize the IP address? Probe