SimonW

Automation script visibility

I have created a number of Automation scripts that I would now like to share with other Pulseway users of our Enterprise installation.  How is this best done?

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately you can not share scripts between user accounts, because scripts can be attached to the task and then if the script is edited by another user, then this task could fail.

However if you want to share the scripts between user accounts, then you will need to create the shared folder on your network from which Pulseway users can download required scripts, or you can use the online storage like (Google drive, Dropbox, etc.).

On 1/4/2018 at 12:10 PM, Chris said:

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately you can not share scripts between user accounts, because scripts can be attached to the task and then if the script is edited by another user, then this task could fail.

However if you want to share the scripts between user accounts, then you will need to create the shared folder on your network from which Pulseway users can download required scripts, or you can use the online storage like (Google drive, Dropbox, etc.).

Saying that though, shared tasks and scripts would be ridiculously handy. We had a problem with a task the other day which was unique to one of our guys' logins and we couldn't do anything about it until we had access to that account.

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately you can not delete or edit built-in scripts at this time, however, we will consider the possibility to introduce this option into the future release.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tim Roewen
      Hi there,
      We are using both PSA and RMM from Pulseway.
      In the last few weeks we are experiencing some weird behavior between PSA and RMM.
      We don't use the and never set up the integration, but after we delete the settings both in PSA and RMM, it still comes back.
      It is irritating us enormously and the support isn't helpful after creating several tickets.
      I hope someone can help us with this issue.
      King regards,
      Tim Roewen

• By Your PCMD
      6.0 dropped for me this morning. I hate it and I tell you why.
      After going through the painstaking process of setting up my Organizations, Sites and Group, I am left with no endpoints visible. The only place I can find them is under Systems > Systems (this needs to be reworded as it is redundant - maybe Systems > Endpoints OR Endpoints > Systems, your welcome for that tip), anyway, while under that location I can see all my endpoints but they are ALL in the wrong location with no way that I can see to move them to where they should be.
      There needs to be a way to move them either with a dropdown or a drag and drop approach.
      I did log into an endpoint remotely to look at the Pulseway Manager but no, cannot change which  Organization, Site or Group it would belong too. However this should be a moot point as there is no way I am going to log in remotely to every single endpoint so that brings it down to only one way of doing it, through the webapp. 
      Can we get this looked into ASAP as this should be way up there on the list.

• By Edd
      Exciting news for anyone who has missed it. We have launched a new and improved way to manage group policies! You can configure settings and notifications for all your agents, centrally from the Web App!
      Learn more here .

• By Kasper
      Hello! It seems that i cannt log in on the my.pulseway.com ? Dont know why but when i press login it just reloads the site and then nothing happens! How can i solve this? Thanks!
    • By Digital
      I am trying to a WR to one of my client pc's. I have purchased the licence from within the pulseway web app. 
      Where do I find the licence key / number ?

I all ready have one client installed so their is no option to select trial again......
      Also their is no "Trial Site"  in the WR console to correspond to my in app WR purchase?