Sign in to follow this  
DigitalDentist

Set hyper V to auto start and update Hyper V integration services

This script will set the virtual machine to auto start whenever the host reboots, it will also update Hyper V integration services. Be sure and change your server names to match. Server0 is host and server1 is the Hyper V. Run on Host.

Get-VM –VMname * | Set-VM –AutomaticStartAction Start

Get-VM -Name SERVER1 ComputerName server0

Set-VMDvdDrive -ComputerName server0 -VMName SERVER1 -Path 'C:\Windows\System32\vmguest.iso'

$DVDriveLetter = (Get-VMDvdDrive -ComputerName server0 -VMName SERVER1).Id | Split-Path Leaf

Invoke-Command ComputerName SERVER1 -ScriptBlock {
if ($ENV:PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE -eq 'AMD64')
{
$folder = 'amd64'
}
else
{
$folder = 'x86' 
}
Start-Process -FilePath 
"$($using:DVDriveLetter):\support\$folder\setup.exe" -Args '/quiet /norestart' -Wait 
}

Restart-Computer ComputerName SERVER1 -Wait -For WinRM -Force Set-VMDvdDrive -ComputerName server0 -VMName SERVER1 -ControllerNumber 1 -ControllerLocation 0 -Path $null

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Francis
      Hi,
      I think it misses the ability to monitor bandwidth on servers and users computers. It would be nice to have a history of several weeks and the services used.
    • By Finzsoft
      I am trying to upgrade some software using PowerShell and I am not sure if my parameters are correctly formatted .  See highlighted text

# Silent Install Secure Secure Authentication
      # http://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/esa/windows/v2/2.7.32.0/esa_nt64_enu.msi
      # Path for the workdir
      $workdir = "c:\scripts\"
      # Check if work directory exists if not create it
      If (Test-Path -Path $workdir -PathType Container)
      { Write-Host "$workdir already exists" -ForegroundColor Red}
      ELSE
      { New-Item -Path $workdir  -ItemType directory }
      # Download the installer
      $source = "http://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/esa/windows/v2/2.7.32.0/esa_nt64_enu.msi"
      $destination = "$workdir\esa_nt64_enu_v2.msi"
      # Check if Invoke-Webrequest exists otherwise execute WebClient
      if (Get-Command 'Invoke-Webrequest')
      {
           Invoke-WebRequest $source -OutFile $destination
      }
      else
      {
          $WebClient = New-Object System.Net.WebClient
          $webclient.DownloadFile($source, $destination)
      }
      Invoke-WebRequest $source -OutFile $destination
      # Start the installation
      msiexec.exe /i "$workdir\esa_nt64_enu_v2.msi" ADDLOCAL="Credential_Provider" /qb /L*v "c:\esa_install_log.txt"
      # Wait XX Seconds for the installation to finish
      Start-Sleep -s 35
      # Remove the installer
      rm -Force $workdir\esa_nt64*
    • By Basil62
      Hello and good day. Is there any way for Pulseway to notify me when the monitored system reaches a specific % threshold of RAM or CPU usage?
    • By Wannes Vande Wiele
      Hello!

Recently I've been experimenting a bit using scripts that contain variables that the user should enter.
      For example, a very simple one to shutdown a computer after X-amount of time: (example use-case:  I download large files during the night, so it doesn't count towards my ISP data-usage)

@echo off
      set /p time=Enter time in seconds:
      shutdown /s /t %time%
      timeout /t 3 /NOBREAK
      exit

however, upon executing said script, the app doesn't request for the variable to be filled out. (I guess it's not made for such uses)
      Obviously, i can manually enter the command using CMD, but i don't want to be typing the command every time i need it. (you can call me lazy :p)

Any ideas how to do this correctly?
    • By dpbklyn
      Is there a way to kick off an automated task based on a notification or alert.  For Example, if we get a notification of a disk getting full, I would want the automation to run: 
      <Open a ticket>--> <add predetermined note>--> <add 15 minutes>--><run task to clean drive>--><send notification that task has completed>--><close ticket>
      Is this possible now, or should this be a feature request?
      Thank you,
      dp