DigitalDentist

Configure Powershell Impersonation remotely

Is there anyway to configure powershell impersonation remotely? I am trying to run a few different powershell scripts and I'm getting access denied. I assume BC it's running as system. Is there a way around this ? Or a way to configure this option remotely?

This is the script I'm trying to run. It runs fine under my account.

Import-Module ActiveDirectory
Get-ADComputer -Filter {OperatingSystem -Like "Windows 7*"} | foreach {restart-computer $_.name -force}

Thanks in advance

Copy the encrypted values from the registry from a configured system and set them via an automation script.

HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonation
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonationDomain
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonationPassword
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonationPasswordCtrl
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonationUsername

-Paul

On 7/6/2017 at 3:05 AM, Paul said:

Copy the encrypted values from the registry from a configured system and set them via an automation script.

HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonation
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonationDomain
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonationPassword
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonationPasswordCtrl
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PowerShellUserImpersonationUsername

-Paul

Ok so I do this, then the window update script fails with an error can't call a null expression...the reboot script works however. Is there a way to have both work?

Apparently it doesn't... Try using the built-in administrator account. With Windows 10 "Administrator" accounts don't have the same access level as the built-in administrator account.

-Paul

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Digital
      I am trying to a WR to one of my client pc's. I have purchased the licence from within the pulseway web app. 
      Where do I find the licence key / number ?

I all ready have one client installed so their is no option to select trial again......
      Also their is no "Trial Site"  in the WR console to correspond to my in app WR purchase?

• By itshero
      I am attempting to simply change the name of a client workstation form "Steve Doe" to "Brandon Doe" and it has so far been unsuccessful.  I have tried from the client side, and from the dashboard manager.  So far all attempts have not worked.  When I attempt to do it from the client side, the client goes offline, and comes back up ~ 3 minutes later (it doesn't actually turn off, pulseway just detects it as offline).  Doing it locally freezes application and forces it to be stuck at "Loading Scheduled Tasks...".  I have ran into this before.  I fear uninstalling will prevent a re installation.  The only thing that solved it in the past was a reinstall of windows.
      Any help appreciated. 
    • By Michael12
      Hi there, I have installed Pulseway on 2 PC's and according to my subscription page. I get 2 free licences.
      I was using Pulseway quite successfully last night till I received an email saying I had reached the Notification limit and to remove this limitation I should consider getting a subscription.
      I have logged on today to try and purchase a subscription for 2 licences as luckily that is all I need at this stage but due to it saying the first 2 agents are free I can't purchase a full subscription for just 2 licences
      How can I get unlimited notification for my 2 free licences?

• By Patrick
      When u use the built-in script "Add Automatically Started Services in Pulseway" some services wil be monitored that are triggert and not always on.
      This wil result in unwanted notifications.
      The first variable has the servicenames you want to disable.
      $services = @('gupdate', 'ShellHWDetection', 'sppsvc', 'RemoteRegistry', 'MapsBroker', 'tiledatamodelsvc', 'WbioSrvc', 'WinDefend', 'CDPSvc') $servicesRegex = [string]::Join('|', $services) # create the regex $regservices = Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services" $regservicesSplit = $regservices -split ";" foreach ($regservice in $regservicesSplit) { If ($regservice -match $servicesRegex ) { $servicesSplit = $regservice -split "=" $servicesTrim = $servicesSplit[0] $servicesTrim = $servicesTrim.Trim() Remove-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services" -Name $servicesTrim Write-Host $regservice " Verwijderd" } } Hope it helps.
    • By Aspect
      As my monitored machines are updating to the new Windows 10, the agent simply will not start automatically..
      Any idea why?