PWY_HOME variable empty on some systems

Brant

I've implemented a script that retrieves and stores the Windows Build Version number to a custom field in the system overview.   It works fine on MOST systems.  However, there are a small number systems that are unable to run the script.  The error message displayed includes: Start-Process : This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot find the file specified.

I used the "Insert Output Variable Code" in the script and verified that it includes the inserted text "Start-Process -FilePath "$env:PWY_HOME\CLI.exe" -ArgumentList ("setVariable  .....".

For some reason, a few systems do not seem to have the environment variable PWY_HOME set.

It appears that these systems are using the Enable PowerShell User Impersonation option under Pulseway Manger > Settings > Runtime.

What is the easiest way to make sure that all of my systems have the PWY_HOME variable set so that any future scripts will not fail because of a missing environment variable?

Thanks,

Brant

• Administrators

Hi Brant,

Thank you for your report. What operating systems are failing those scripts? Also is the impersonated user part of an Active Directory domain or it's a local user?

-Paul

Hi Paul,

Windows 8 and Windows 10.  The impersonated user is local.  I removed the option for the impersonated local user on one Windows 10 system that is part of AD and reran the script. It will return the set variable PWY_HOME as "C:\Program Files\Pulseway" so it appears to be the difference of the impersonated user option.