Ian G

Poor technical support from Pulseway?

Hello,

We are long-term Pulseway customers but lately the Pulseway client has developed a bug and continuously uses up to 20%+ CPU utilisation.

We logged this with Pulseway on the 4th of July this year but they have been completely ignoring the ticket. I regularly reply to the email thread for an update (at least once a week) but I am ignored. The only time I had a meaningful response was when I threatened to cancel our subscription. This was short lived and now I am back to being ignored with no status updates on my ticket.

We like the product but we have a handful of servers with this bug and I am simply installing other monitoring products on them. Today I have sent my usual email to Pulseway support asking for a status update on my ticket but I'm certain I'll get nothing back...

The next step will then be to install a better monitoring product like Infradog and to write the same post on Spiceworks so people know that Pulseway doesn't offer good technical support.

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry to hear that your ticket is not yet resolved. I've familiarized myself with your case and it appears that it is currently with the development team. Unfortunately the issue is more complex and there's no immediate solution on it. My colleagues from the support team can only provide status updates if they get any from the development team and in this case there hasn't been any progress made.

Rest assured that we are looking into the issue.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

I understand that this may be a complex issue but I need it resolved. A member of your support team contacted me just after I posted this and said they would contact the developers for an update.

I haven't heard anything back yet so I can only assume that no progress has been made or the support team hasn't contacted the developers. 

I can't continue on with this situation I need a timescale for the fix at the very least, It seems like the problem has just been shelved.

Thank you,

Hi Ian,

Rest assured that this issue is not shelved but there's been no progress made on it simply because it's scheduled to be fixed in the next Windows agent maintenance release (it's on the top of the priority todo list). I'll post an update as soon as I have a beta build so you can install it on your affected system.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

Any news on this?? We recently built a server 2016 Citrix VDA and this problem was present on it.

As soon as we connected the pulseway client to our pulseway account it relentlessly uses 15-20% CPU

Please advise,

Did anyone ever get a response on this? I have this issue all over the place and it seems to be more noticeable when your logged in through pulseway rdp. 

Hi Josh,

I haven't had a response from Pulseway in regards to this issue for quite a few months now.

I don't think they plan to resolve this problem.

Hope this helps,

On 10/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, Paul said:

Hi Ian,

Rest assured that this issue is not shelved but there's been no progress made on it simply because it's scheduled to be fixed in the next Windows agent maintenance release (it's on the top of the priority todo list). I'll post an update as soon as I have a beta build so you can install it on your affected system.

-Paul

Still no support from pulseway.

So, is this a one-man show, kinda thing..?

I submitted a SALES inquiry this morning, and haven't heard back.. in the IT world, that's 4ever, for sending for info

on a product...

hmm

IT never sleeps :lol:. I've found your inquiry and asked around what's the hold up. Unless everyone took your advice and went for pints someone should reach out to you soon.

-Paul

On 7/9/2019 at 3:23 PM, Ian G said:

Still no support from pulseway.

Good morning Paul,

Could you please ask your technical support team to look into this again as the issue is still outstanding from June 2018.

image.png.aca63d2b658c8369e01caf882313f102.png

Thank you,

Happy new year! Still suffering from this bug! We recently installed a new 2016 server for our Citrix environment and the issue is present.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sean Faria
      Hi,
      I am trying to install GCPW (Google Credential Provider for Windows).
      I am running into issue where with it:
      <# This script downloads Google Credential Provider for Windows from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gcpw/, then installs and configures it. Windows administrator access is required to use the script. #> <# Set the following key to the domains you want to allow users to sign in from. For example: $domainsAllowedToLogin = "acme1.com,acme2.com" #> $domainsAllowedToLogin = "" Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Drawing Add-Type -AssemblyName PresentationFramework <# Check if one or more domains are set #> if ($domainsAllowedToLogin.Equals('')) { $msgResult = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('The list of domains cannot be empty! Please edit this script.', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Error') exit 5 } function Is-Admin() { $admin = [bool](([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).groups -match 'S-1-5-32-544') return $admin } <# Check if the current user is an admin and exit if they aren't. #> if (-not (Is-Admin)) { $result = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Please run as administrator!', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Error') exit 5 } <# Choose the GCPW file to download. 32-bit and 64-bit versions have different names #> $gcpwFileName = 'gcpwstandaloneenterprise.msi' if ([Environment]::Is64BitOperatingSystem) { $gcpwFileName = 'gcpwstandaloneenterprise64.msi' } <# Download the GCPW installer. #> $gcpwUrlPrefix = 'https://dl.google.com/credentialprovider/' $gcpwUri = $gcpwUrlPrefix + $gcpwFileName Write-Host 'Downloading GCPW from' $gcpwUri Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $gcpwUri -OutFile $gcpwFileName <# Run the GCPW installer and wait for the installation to finish #> $arguments = "/i "$gcpwFileName"" $installProcess = (Start-Process msiexec.exe -ArgumentList $arguments -PassThru -Wait) <# Check if installation was successful #> if ($installProcess.ExitCode -ne 0) { $result = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Installation failed!', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Error') exit $installProcess.ExitCode } else { $result = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Installation completed successfully!', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Info') } <# Set the required registry key with the allowed domains #> $registryPath = 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\GCPW' $name = 'domains_allowed_to_login' [microsoft.win32.registry]::SetValue($registryPath, $name, $domainsAllowedToLogin) $domains = Get-ItemPropertyValue HKLM:\Software\Google\GCPW -Name $name if ($domains -eq $domainsAllowedToLogin) { $msgResult = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Configuration completed successfully!', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Info') } else { $msgResult = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show('Could not write to registry. Configuration was not completed.', 'GCPW', 'OK', 'Error') }

I have tried the following:
      1. Run from batch file -- error "run as admin" but admin parameter was added
      2. Run from PowerShell --  error "leaves the script running forever"
      3. Pushed file to user and ran it (1) PowerShell -- error "needs run as admin" but admin parameter was added (2) batch -- error "script non-responsive"
    • By kappnet
      Hi,
      I am looking for a script that can trigger a 3rd party patch policy ad-hoc outside the policy schedule.
      It´s going to be used to start the installation process of software on newly registered machines in a "Computer registered" workflow.
      If there is anyone with another take on that I´m all ears.

Best regards

Mike

• By Richard T
      I used the pulseway management system to push out Kaspersky to a few desktops for testing, some of the installationsfailed because of 'kaspersky endpoint security is not compatible with the network agent lower than 10.0' on some desktops. Pulseway only gives the option to 'reboot' when this occurs.
      If you then try installing Bitdefender (which I bought with our desktop licenses), it installs correctly, updates and then magically vanishes like it was never installed after a few minutes of running.
      An event in the log is then present with the same Kasperky not compatible with the network agent error message as if Pulseway was trying to re-install kaspersky again forcing bitdefender to remove itself.
      As pulseway does not have a 'Cancel installation' when the prior Kaspersky deployment attempt fails - the work around I found was to
      Uninstall Pulseway Agent Install Bitdefender Reinstall/redeploy Pulseway agent I do prefer the intergration that Pulseway has with Kaspersky and would love to know what timeframes (if at all) we are looking at for the same level of integration. 

• By Continu IT Solutions
      there is a permission issue in Patch Management
      I have granted a user defined group the ability to modify policies Checked the box Patch and View Policy and Edit Policy are checked.

The user can go in and under actions can click on edit and modify the policies, they can also create new policies, but upon hitting save gets a popup message saying Error You do not have permission to edit global policies. The only users that can seem to save any policies have to be in the administrators group.
      I have to assume this is a bug.
      We are using the Pulseway hosted dedicated server product, not on site.

• By TechSolutionLLC
      Hello,
      I would like to see the ability to run dual screens viewable at the same time on the remote control. That way customers who need to run dual screens and have to work from home arent stuck playing swap between screens. I think either opening a second connection to the computer with one of the separate screen would be fine, but maybe there is a better way like how Remote Desktop works or Google Chrome Remote Desktop works.