Stop Monitoring certain services.

Aspect

I'm reasonably new to PW. I've just on-boarded 50 endpoints, and it automatically monitors Automatic services. That great, but Services like Bio-metric and Remote Registry; whilst configured as automatic, aren't always started.. So constant notifications.

I know how to remove the service monitor, but is there an easy way to exclude certain services from being monitored globally?

In the Pulseway Manager go to Notifications>Services. This is where you can uncheck the service. You will still be able to Start, Stop or Restart the service from your apps. You will stop getting notifications for the ones unchecked.

I was hoping there would be a script or method to blanket disable monitoring certain services..

PW automatically monitors automatic startup services, but not all services are actually started, so from the outset,, notifications are raised..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi,

Try to run this script.

$removeService = "BITS"  #the name for the service which will be removed from the list of monitored services

$name = Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services"
[array]$newNameList = $null
$removed = $false

if($name.Count -gt 0){
  for ($i=0; $i -lt $name.Count ; $i++){
       if($name."Service$i" -eq $removeService){
          $removed = $true
          }
        else{
          $newNameList += $name."Service$i"
        }
  }
}
Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services" -Recurse
New-Item -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services" -Name "Count" -Value $newNameList.length;
$count = 0
foreach ($service in $newNameList) {
    Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services" -Name ("Service" + $count++) -Value "$service"
}
if($removed){ write-host "The service $removeService was removed from the list of monitored services successfully"}
else {write-host "Action failed or service is not monitored on this system"}
#echo $newNameList

• 2 years later...

Hi Chirs, was just looking at this.

Is there a way to run the script to stop monitoring all automatic startup services?

I ran the built in script to monitor all automatic startup services but that creates too many alerts for the machine.

Is there a way to just modify that script to stop monitoring ALL automatic startup services?  instead of having to do each one by name?