Required additional Windows Backup Notifications

Sean Montgomery

I've got Pulseway installed on a number of servers and it notify's nicely if a backup is successful or fails, but I've a couple of instances when a backup hasn't even tried to run so has neither failed or succeeded. I've noticed a number of posts requesting a feature for Pulseway to generate an alert when no backup activity has been detected in X number of days. Has this been looked at?

Is this possible?

Can this be developed please?

Thank you

• Administrators

Hi Sean,

We didn't start working on the report / notifications for Windows Server Backup yet. Symantec Backup Exec is part of our Roadmap and it wasn't started either however it's on our wishlist of backup software to be integrated with once we finalize the addons framework in this quarter allowing us to deploy, configure and integrate with further projects at a much faster pace.

-Paul

On 18.11.2016 at 11:51 AM, Paul said:

Symantec Backup Exec is part of our Roadmap and it wasn't started either however it's on our wishlist of backup software to be integrated with once we finalize the addons framework in this quarter allowing us to deploy, configure and integrate with further projects at a much faster pace.

Hi Paul,

please open the Addon Framework for external developers. The Client Plugins are very limited at the Moment.

I have tons of ideas on how to extend Pulseway that are only limited by the limited featureset of the plugin Interface.

Dilbert

Hi Paul,

there are a lot of simple things:

- Groups don't have customizable icons

- Custom icons would be great

- Searchable lists like in the WSUS module

- I have just numeric group identifiers. This makes it very difficult to pass data from the Details page to a group page. I can't pass something different than a number. 

Dilbert