Script to Save Event Log to File Automatically

I use Pulseway to monitor my finicky Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop and I noticed my laptop has thousands upon thousands of logs in Event Logs. I specifically need the 'Application Event Logs', 'Security' and 'System' event logs saved, ideally as a .CSV file. I don't know much PowerShell/Bash/VBScript, so I was hoping someone knows how to do this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DQuiram
      We reinstalled Pulseway on a re-imaged system and after the install we noticed issues. In the patch mgmt section, the status was "assign failed" in red. We rebooted the system and then the service was not starting. We checked the service, it was set to start automatically and in the event log it was generating this error: "Service cannot be started.  The handle is invalid"  We removed the system from Pulseway, uninstalled, and reinstalled. Service is starting normally, but still getting the same issue of the patch policy failing to assign. I tried moving the system to another group that did not have a patch policy at all and got the same result. 
    • By Brant
      I've implemented a script that retrieves and stores the Windows Build Version number to a custom field in the system overview.   It works fine on MOST systems.  However, there are a small number systems that are unable to run the script.  The error message displayed includes: Start-Process : This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot find the file specified.
      I used the "Insert Output Variable Code" in the script and verified that it includes the inserted text "Start-Process -FilePath "$env:PWY_HOME\CLI.exe" -ArgumentList ("setVariable  .....".
      For some reason, a few systems do not seem to have the environment variable PWY_HOME set.
      It appears that these systems are using the Enable PowerShell User Impersonation option under Pulseway Manger > Settings > Runtime.
      What is the easiest way to make sure that all of my systems have the PWY_HOME variable set so that any future scripts will not fail because of a missing environment variable?
      Thanks,
      Brant
    • By devansh.gohil
      I had installed Pulseway and then wanted to delete it but I was not able to find Pulseway in the control panel uninstall feature and so I tried manually uninstalling files but that also did not work. I tried running the .msi installer again but an error came up saying that Pulseway is already installed but it still was not showing up. Please help me with this.
    • By ArrowNM
      A Dark Mode option for both the RMM Web UI and PSA UI would be nice.
    • By Bob | PTI B.V.
      Hi all,
      Do anyone of you have a script to remove Solarwinds products? In our case, that should be the N-able Windows agent and Solarwinds MSP (SolarWinds MSP Cache Service, SolarWinds MSP Patch Management Engine, SolarWinds MSP RPC Server). Or have any experience removing it using automation?
      Thanks in advance!