Sales Tax codes not configurable when passed to Quickbooks Sync

Matt Wilson

I have a support ticket where I asked this question and got a reply that it could be looked at in the future. Just placing it here to ensure it gets put on Feature request list and so others can comment.

When sales tax is added to invoice in PSA then synced to Quickbooks via PSA QB SYNC, it defaults to sales tax code G. In Canada, G is GST @ 5% by default (and correctly so) out of the box. H is for HST is dependent on province. In my case, HST at 13% is setup in PSA, but when the invoice syncs over to Quickbooks, it imports/syncs as tax code G (at 5%). I have to edit EVERY SINGLE INVOICE.I just need to tell PSA to use a defined sales tax code when syncing to QB.  

I would consider this more of a bug than a feature. What's the point of automation if you have to go back and edit everything?  

Connected...I sync invoices over to QB so I can use my custom invoice template. Its been said elsewhere, but we REALLY need a way to edit/create our own HIGH QUALITY professional and modern looking invoices in PSA. No offense, but the few invoice templates that exist look horrible.

As always, I appreciate all you guys are doing and know you are swamped with current RD and RMM centralized rollout. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Matt Wilson

• 4 months later...

Hey @Chris and/or @Paul, can one of you chime in here on this. I've been waiting for months for this to be addressed. Its having a major impact on productivity. We have to manually change every single invoice in Quickbooks that comes from PSA. This is really a bug imo, not a feature request. What good is the QB sync tool if it can't pass on sales tax correctly? When I opened a support ticket on this I was told it would be added to a future release. Can you guys confirm it is actually a known issue and is on the list somewhere? I'm surprised that there aren't others commenting on it here. 

Edited by Matt Wilson

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, the new QuickBooks Sync app now supports a "default" sales tax code. That helps slightly except, we have multiple tax codes depending on location of the customer. How do we map the PSA sales tax item to the matching Quickbooks Sales Tax code? This is really basic stuff anyone using the QB sync tool would need to do. I also just sent in a support ticket.