Martin_T

PSA: Bulk Edit Hardware Assets

One thing that I would really like to see is the ability to bulk edit Hardware Assets, it might be okay to edit a couple dozen manually but when you have hundreds, or thousands of them sat in your system, I doubt very much that anyone will have the patience to edit each of them individually.

Cheers,

Martin

On 06/04/2018 at 11:28 AM, Paul said:

Hi Martin,

We can help you write a script that will update your hardware assets using the REST API: https://psa.pulseway.com/api#hardware-assets-put-hardware-asset. What sort of changes would you like to perform?

-Paul

We'd really just like to associate all our hardware assets with the appropriate client so it doesn't keep showing up as our company name :) 

+100 here.

There has to be a way to automatically associated hardware with the proper company name.  I am also tired of editing hardware all the time.  In the PSA, maybe add another tab in the customers (next to Email Domains) that asks for "RMM Groups".

On 11/04/2018 at 4:04 PM, Gary Haberl said:

+100 here.

There has to be a way to automatically associated hardware with the proper company name.  I am also tired of editing hardware all the time.  In the PSA, maybe add another tab in the customers (next to Email Domains) that asks for "RMM Groups".

Yeah, that's not a bad way to do it at all. The email parser does such a good job at assigning stuff correctly, I can't see it being a major problem to match up similar data from the RMM/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Martin Stevnhoved
      Hi Pulseway,
      I would like the possibility to add monitoring for Public Ports.
      The Pulseway Agent could ask the Pulseway server to test for open ports at the Public IP.
      I would also like a boolean value, so we could decide if we want a notification, if the port is open or closed.
      ---
      Summed up, I would like to monitor if some critical ports are open from the public IP, like SSH, RDP, etc. and get notified if they are.
      Of course I could write a Plugin the is based on a webservice, but it would be more smooth, with a build in feature.
      ---
      Br, Matin.

• By dpbklyn
      Is there a way to exclude a particular disk (e:\) from the storage notifications?
    • By dpbklyn
      It would be awesome if we would click on a machine name in the PSA and Pulseway would bring us directly to that machine so we can work on it.

Thank you,
    • By AC_Martin_J
      Hey guys! 

I think Pulseway would be even better if the alerts would clear themselves when resolved.. For example, a server with available windows updates will reboot during our custom maintenance window but the alert will stay until I manually clear it in either the webGUI or the Dashboard app. Those kind of alerts along with cpu spikes, short memory outtage etc are more like "white noise" in the monitoring for me and I'd like to focus on alerts where a proper action is needed in order to resolve. 

To build further on this idea an even better improvement would be to tie alerts to scripts, so if Alert X is triggered, script Y will run and Alert X will be cleared. 
      Let me know what you think! // Martin

• By Martin Stevnhoved
      Hi.
      It would be amazing if all reports had a "Generate individual reports for each organization" option.
      Then we could just schedule a single report for "all systems" and get individual reports for each customer.
      The alternative is to set up individual reports scoped for each customer. And as a bonus remember to set up new reports every time a new customer is onboarded. :-)