Patrick

Disable Services monitoring for specific Services

When u use the built-in script "Add Automatically Started Services in Pulseway" some services wil be monitored that are triggert and not always on.

This wil result in unwanted notifications.

The first variable has the servicenames you want to disable.

$services = @('gupdate', 'ShellHWDetection', 'sppsvc', 'RemoteRegistry', 'MapsBroker', 'tiledatamodelsvc', 'WbioSrvc', 'WinDefend', 'CDPSvc')
$servicesRegex = [string]::Join('|', $services) # create the regex
$regservices = Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services"
$regservicesSplit = $regservices  -split ";"

foreach ($regservice in $regservicesSplit) {
	If ($regservice -match $servicesRegex ) {
		$servicesSplit = $regservice -split "="
		$servicesTrim = $servicesSplit[0]
		$servicesTrim = $servicesTrim.Trim()
        Remove-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services" -Name $servicesTrim
        Write-Host $regservice " Verwijderd"
	}
}

Hope it helps.

Question, new here but if you removed the entry as you suggest does that not also remove it from services from the tech side, meaning that if I remove the service from pc monitor\services sure it won't send the notice but lets say I wanted to view services from the manager and restart one, will that service still be listed? I just checked, when clicking the SERVICES tab in the web app you only see auto start services listed, so you'd not be able to manage it without logging in, take a look at this option:

# Note, This script removes all current excluded services from Notifications and replaces with your selection.

#
Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\ServicesExcludedFromNotifications\"  -Recurse
New-Item -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\ServicesExcludedFromNotifications\"

$exclude = @()
$exclude += 'gpsvc'
$exclude += 'ITmanager.net'
$exclude += 'clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64'
$exclude += 'clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32'
$exclude += 'ClickToRunSvc'
$exclude += 'sppsvc'
$exclude += 'SSUService'
$exclude += 'wuauserv'
$exclude += 'BITS'
$exclude += 'gupdate'
$exclude += 'TrustedInstaller'
$exclude += 'VSS'  # Volume Shadow Copy
$exclude += 'WUDO' # Service Host: Delivery Optimization

#
# $exclude += Just keep adding rows with new service name.
#

$i=0
foreach ($service in $exclude){
Set-Itemproperty -path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\ServicesExcludedFromNotifications\' -Name Service$i -value $service
$i++ 
}
Set-Itemproperty -path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\ServicesExcludedFromNotifications\'  -Name 'Count' -value "$i"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TechSolutionLLC
      Hello,
      I would like to see the ability to run dual screens viewable at the same time on the remote control. That way customers who need to run dual screens and have to work from home arent stuck playing swap between screens. I think either opening a second connection to the computer with one of the separate screen would be fine, but maybe there is a better way like how Remote Desktop works or Google Chrome Remote Desktop works. 
    • By Martin Stevnhoved
      Hi.
      If it is possible I would like to exclude full automation scripts from the diagnostics log "trace.log".
      In normal situations it is fine with just an indication of the execution with the script name.
      I guess you could add one more checkbox like "Include full Automation Scripts" in settings, and let it be disabled as default.

Best Regards,
      Martin.
    • By CurryTheDemon
      Hello there, I just got Pulseway today as of 5/1/20 and am intending to use it to mainly be able to remote control access my PC from my phone when away from the house. I am installed all the appropriate applications needed and went through the Pulseway Remote Access application along with Pulseway Manager application and have enabled Remote Access. But for some reason I still can not access it from my phone. Perhaps I am missing a step? It would be amazing if someone would be able to help me troubleshoot this situation. Thank you for your time.
    • By Kyle
      I love the fact that we can now use the android app to remote into managed devices.  It works well when the user is already logged in...
      The problem I'm experiencing is when I remote control a Windows device and have to login.  I bring up the keyboard no problem and try typing the password to that computer.  What I am typing on my keyboard isn't typing in the password box on the PC.  In other words, it never seems to respond and type the password letters as I am typing, hence I cannot login (invalid password).  I suspect it has something to do with how Android on Samsung deals with autofill.  Ironically, I don't have this problem when using the Team Viewer app on the same phone.  That fact leads me to believe that it is a problem with the Pulseway Android App.
      Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running Android 10.
    • By Martti Nuudi
      Hi,
      I use high CPU notification to notify me when the CPU usage has been over 90% for the last 30 minutes.
      Even though I have added more minutes to the time period, I still get a lot of these notifications. I would really like to know what is causing these long periods of high CPU usage but the content of the notification always displays processes with very low CPU usage. Can something be done to get this list sorted by the highest CPU using process?
      Here is an example of the latest notification:
      The CPU usage on computer 'XXX' in group XXX -XXX -XXX' is above 90% for the last 30 minutes

Top Processes:
      Windows Explorer (Explorer.EXE): 0.04%
      Host Process for Windows Services (svchost.exe): 0.03%
      Microsoft Outlook (OUTLOOK.EXE): 0.03%
      Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe): 0.02%
      SkypeApp (SkypeApp.exe): 0.02%
      WMI Provider Host (wmiprvse.exe): 0.02%
      Host Process for Windows Services (svchost.exe): 0.01%
      Microsoft Excel (EXCEL.EXE): 0.01%.