ElasticIT

Add performance counters when using the Dashboard

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been requested before so apologies in advance if it has. I had a customer with a slow PC and wanted to add the Disk Queue Length performance counter to see if that was causing the slowness however didn't want to have to log into her machine. Normally I would go via the Dashboard -> Edit Computer Settings and make whatever changes were necessary. However Performance Counters can't seem to be added this way as there is no Add button:

image.png.38c57e49703dc26bc2dae08c1911029a.png

Is this a bug or missing feature? If it's missing, it would be handy to have as you can pretty much do everything else from here and it's not always convenient having to log into the users machine

Cheers

Hi there,

Unfortunately performance counter names are localized to the OS locale and they don't really have any unique identifier. Also reading all performance counters just to display the list on the dashboard is going to take a very long time however it's something that we are going to be supporting in the future when we will be introducing web based configuration for the agents :lol:.

-Paul

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dennis Cox
      My predecessor had created a script that would install a desktop link to our help desk. We no longer use this solution and I want to have the shortcut removed from every device. I can't seem to find a script to do this. I hope someone could help.

This is the script that he had used:
      @echo off
      md C:\icon
      copy "\\edmws001\image\Nortrux_Helpdesk_icon.ico" "c:\icon"
      icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant Administrators:F
      icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant Users:F
      icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant INTERACTIVE:F
      attrib -R  "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk"
      copy "\\edmws001\image\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop"
      attrib +R  "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk"
      icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant Users:R
      icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant Administrators:R
      icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant INTERACTIVE:R
      icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant SYSTEM:F
    • By Hari Simaguen
      Hi,

I'm currently running through a lot of notification.
      Running through 30 different notification, I notice that I should focus on probably 6 of those and delete the others. Currently I can only delete 1 notification at a time.
      Do you think it will be awesome for us to have the ability to sort, multiple select and delete *some* notifications?
    • By Martin Stevnhoved
      Hi.

I am making an Automation Script that updates a custom plugin-file, that might is always be in use, to a newer version.
      If the plugin doesn't already exist everything works fine.
      But if it already exist it cannot be overwritten, because the Pulseway Service (and managers, if any are running) is using the file.
      My solution is to stop the service, overwrite the file and start the service.
      It works very well when executing manually in ISE, but not when executed as an Automation Script from Pulseway.
      It looks like the entire script is terminated when the service stops, and the execution doesn't return anything in execution history - not even an error.

Could anyone help me with the best practice for updating a plugin dll-file from an Automation Script.

Best Regards,
      Martin Stevnhoved
    • By ArrowNM
      Will be able to see in the next release an option to update time on a bulk action for multiple tickets?