Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ElasticIT
      Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been requested before so apologies in advance if it has. I had a customer with a slow PC and wanted to add the Disk Queue Length performance counter to see if that was causing the slowness however didn't want to have to log into her machine. Normally I would go via the Dashboard -> Edit Computer Settings and make whatever changes were necessary. However Performance Counters can't seem to be added this way as there is no Add button:

Is this a bug or missing feature? If it's missing, it would be handy to have as you can pretty much do everything else from here and it's not always convenient having to log into the users machine
      Cheers
    • By Aspect
      I'm reasonably new to PW. I've just on-boarded 50 endpoints, and it automatically monitors Automatic services. That great, but Services like Bio-metric and Remote Registry; whilst configured as automatic, aren't always started.. So constant notifications.
      I know how to remove the service monitor, but is there an easy way to exclude certain services from being monitored globally?
    • By Aaron Trujillo
      We recently noticed a problem with our Pulseway notifications, on one of our Linux servers that is running Cassandra.  The Cassandra service had been put into the following state:  Active: active (excited), unfortunately we never received notification about the excited state.  I did some testing and when I manually stop the service, it shows Active: inactive (dead), I do get notifications.  I am at a lose as to why I get notifications when inactive (dead) but not when it is Active (excited).
      This is the current configuration:
      <Service Name="cassandra" DisplayName="cassandra" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="SYSTEMD" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="true" /> If I change DaemonType to any other setting:  NONE, SYSVINIT, or UPSTART, the service will not be recognized at all by Pulseway.  So I am fairly confident that SYSTEMD is the correct parameter here.  What is the correct way to set this up, so that I get notifications when its dead and/or excited?
      Thank you for your help.
    • By JohnnyJoker
      Hello,
      we'd like to move our pcmonitor database from the current SQL Server (2014 Standard) in one Domain to another SQL Server (2016 Enterprise) in a different domain. The Pulseway Enterprise/Admin Server won't change and is already a member of the target domain.
      As far as I remember the process would be:
      Stop Pulseway Services Backup DB on old SQL Server Create SQL Login for the Service on the new SQL Server Restore DB on new SQL Server Edit the connectionstring in the Registry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor Admin\DatabaseConnectionString) The connection string is encrypted - what would be the required format? Edit the connectionstring in the Hosting folder for the follwing web.config files ..\Hosting\Service\web.config Start Pulseway Services Did I miss anything important? If not, all I'd need would be the format of the connectionstring in the registry
      Cheers, Jonathan
    • By Chris
      In order to import a Pulseway configuration file you need to start PCMonitorManager (Pulseway Manager) from Pulseway's installation directory with the following parameters:
      PCMonitorManager.exe /config=C:\Configuration\NoPassword.pcmcfg If the exported configuration file contains the account details then you need to provided the configuration password as well:
      PCMonitorManager.exe /config=C:\Configuration\WithPassword.pcmcfg /configpassword=s3cr3tpassw0rd Note: The PCMonitorManager will not provide any console output or custom exit codes based to indicate the success of the operation.