Monitoring Mac Database Server

BettR

I have been searching for a way to have my Mac Pro running 4D Server app notify me if the server app has "hung" or crashed outright. I am not a programmer, but simply a small business owner trying to stay on top of the systems we have. Having stumbled into Pulseway this week, I am so far impressed with its capabilities. It looks just like what I need!

However, I could not find a way to tell it to notify me if my database app runs into trouble. The physical machine is extremely stable, but I am grateful for the notifications that Pulseway offers in terms of dismounting volumes, failing drives, etc. My one last need is to be notified if the server application hangs or crashes. I have identified the app in the Notifications/Applications panel: Send a notification when an application is closed. I then picked the 4D Server.app from the list. However, I was hoping there was a way to build a script that would let me know if the server was still up, but not responding. But not a programmer, like I said.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jamie Taylor
      You can now view asset info and installed applications for offline Windows systems showing the last known information.

• By Jamie Taylor
      Continuing our commitment to providing a secure environment, accounts with access to critical areas such as editing scripts and distributing custom titles, are now required to enable two factor authentication.

• By Jamie Taylor
      Further protect your instance by restricting access to the Web Application and Rest API to specific IP addresses. Teams and users with dynamic IPs can be configured to bypass IP restrictions if they have two factor authentication enabled.

• By Jamie Taylor
      Pulseway Client Portal now includes a built-in chat function that allows the end user to communicate directly with a technician. This can be started automatically as a step in a troubleshooter, or you can give users the option to start it directly themselves.   A summary of the chat is recorded and can be sent to the technician. Automation Workflows: Run assigned patch policy
      Start patching systems as they get added to Pulseway using the new Run Assigned Patch Policy action, now available for the System Registered workflow trigger.
      Remote Desktop Improvements
      Introducing Adaptive FPS to deliver the optimum resolution for the current network connection, resulting in an enhanced user experience.

• By Jamie Taylor
      BitDefender: In-product trial set-up, purchasing and provisioning now available
      We have made it easier to quickly get the EDR protection you need by making it possible to trial, purchase and provision Bitdefender AV, including EDR, from within the Pulseway RMM. Users can set up a free trial from the AntiVirus section of the WebApp, then purchase directly from the billing section. The new license can than be provisioned directly from the WebApp as well.
      Remote Control for macOS Performance Enhancements
      We have launched an improved Remote Control engine for macOS that delivers speed and performance enhancements. The latest release also introduces support for monitor selection.