Debian 8 x64 agent Ping error

BartB

I'm getting an error in the Ping status on my Linux server, running Debian 8 (Linux x86_64 3.16.0-4-amd64  according to the agent info) It says there is an error, but there are no details on what the error is. When I manually ping 8.8.8.8 from the Command Line, it works fine, both from the server itself and from the Webapp terminal.

Here are the relevant lines from the config file:

<!--Ping
      - Server: server IP address or hostname-->
                <Ping Server="8.8.8.8" Enabled="true"/>

I checked the sample config file, which I copied and edited for my needs, and I noticed there is no </Ping> statement. Most other sections have a starting statement and a closing statement: i.e.:

<MonitoredPorts> 

</MonitoredPorts>

Could that be the problem?

I also can see that there is a background process with the ping command:

root@xxxxxxx ~ # ps aux | grep ping
root     16329  0.0  0.0   8464   756 ?        S    12:03   0:00 ping 8.8.8.8

So the system is at least trying to ping, but maybe the Pulseway agent is not capturing the output.

Any ideas/suggestions/fixes?

• Administrators

Hi Bart,

You don't need to include a closing XML tag when using the /> closing tag. Do you see any errors in the syslog related to the ping?

-Paul

OK, the XML tag was just an idea. Thanks for confirming it's not a problem, Paul.

No, there are no errors relating to ping in the syslog. The only errors in syslog relating to pulseway involve SOAP and SSL:

Apr 29 06:45:36 albacore pulseway: Error while registering computer:SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]#012"SSL_ERROR_SSL#012error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version"#012Detail: SSL_connect error in tcp_connect()
Apr 29 06:46:56 albacore pulseway: Error while registering computer:Error 30 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]#012"SSL/TLS error"#012Detail: [no detail]

I've posted about this issue in another topic, and I'm pretty sure it's not related to ping issues.

Any other ideas why ping is not working?

6 hours ago, Mark said:

Hi,

Can you, please, send an email to support@pulseway.com and attach your config.xml file (please remove username and password).

Thanks!

Mark

Sent! Thanks Mark.