After playing around in my trial account for a bit, I have a few suggestions regarding policy configuration.

• Allow the creation of policies that inherit settings from other policies and track which settings were overridden. This would allow MSPs to create one or two "Global" policies (Servers/Workstations) as a base, and then create individual policies (for each client) that inherit settings from those global policies. 
  • Allow overrides to policy settings on specific systems, track which systems have policy overrides in place, and allow reverting the overrides to the policy defaults.
  • Allow attaching scripts/tasks to policies to run during on-boarding (as in, when the Pulseway agent is initially installed).
  • Instead of having separate Patch Management policies, group those settings with the System policies so they can be applied all at once. Alternatively, allow attaching Patch Management policies to System policies.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Wisecompany,

Thank you for your suggestion. It looks that you want Pulseway to implement the similar Group policy structure as it is for Active Directory in Windows.

I will put this forward as a feature request, therefore our developers will consider the possibility to introduce this functionality into the future release. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jason Corlett
      Can anyone find the new in 8.5 feature "Network Monitoring" or know how to add a device?
    • By Canadian Dental Services
      Hi all,
      I recently did a clean upgrade to Windows 10 on 2 WKSTs previously running Windows 7 with Pulseway installed.  I am now at a loss as to how to re-add these units to my Pulseway instance.
      I see they are still showing up in the “Deployment Successful” tab under “Discovery & Deployment”.
      Is there a way to re-add these units without manually installing the Pulseway app on these WKSTs?
    • By DQuiram
      We reinstalled Pulseway on a re-imaged system and after the install we noticed issues. In the patch mgmt section, the status was "assign failed" in red. We rebooted the system and then the service was not starting. We checked the service, it was set to start automatically and in the event log it was generating this error: "Service cannot be started.  The handle is invalid"  We removed the system from Pulseway, uninstalled, and reinstalled. Service is starting normally, but still getting the same issue of the patch policy failing to assign. I tried moving the system to another group that did not have a patch policy at all and got the same result. 
    • By devansh.gohil
      I had installed Pulseway and then wanted to delete it but I was not able to find Pulseway in the control panel uninstall feature and so I tried manually uninstalling files but that also did not work. I tried running the .msi installer again but an error came up saying that Pulseway is already installed but it still was not showing up. Please help me with this.
    • By WYE
      TL;DR: Align timezones across reporting and web interface. 
      Request:
      When raised during our trial to engineering, the feedback is that browser displays local time, and reports are generated using UTC. 
      The misalignment is visible in my example shown where a report shows a system was back online at 05:32:07, but it actually and factually came back online at 06:32:07. 
      Suggest either including "UTC" in the report, or allowing time zones to be configured globally or per site. 
      Also noticed, that the "Generated at 04 Sep 2020 01:20" footer on the report is 6 hours behind GMT (report generated 07:20am GMT), so this could also do with being aligned accordingly.