Policy Configuration Improvements

Wisecompany

After playing around in my trial account for a bit, I have a few suggestions regarding policy configuration.

• Allow the creation of policies that inherit settings from other policies and track which settings were overridden. This would allow MSPs to create one or two "Global" policies (Servers/Workstations) as a base, and then create individual policies (for each client) that inherit settings from those global policies. 
  • Allow overrides to policy settings on specific systems, track which systems have policy overrides in place, and allow reverting the overrides to the policy defaults.
  • Allow attaching scripts/tasks to policies to run during on-boarding (as in, when the Pulseway agent is initially installed).
  • Instead of having separate Patch Management policies, group those settings with the System policies so they can be applied all at once. Alternatively, allow attaching Patch Management policies to System policies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Wisecompany,

Thank you for your suggestion. It looks that you want Pulseway to implement the similar Group policy structure as it is for Active Directory in Windows.

I will put this forward as a feature request, therefore our developers will consider the possibility to introduce this functionality into the future release.