So I am really enjoying Pulseway, the systems are mostly well designed and work really well. They are simple and have no huge data entry overhead like other systems (Autotask).

However, there are some improvements to be made in consistency through out the application. For example some text boxes for paragraphs of text allow you to tab into and out of them. Others don't some places where I click on a ticket opens the ticket in another separate popup window, others a new tab.

The choices in made in some designs are really weird. For example, most save buttons are at the bottom of a dialog, a couple are at the top. That kind of change of process creates a headache when you just typed a novel on what was done and you miss the button and find the dialog is gone, and your masterpiece with it.

I don't have the time right now to show/point out each of these that I have found, but I will be adding each of them here as soon as I can. I would like to think that the Dev's can find these faults themselves, but then you would think that if they knew those problems should have been taken care of already.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Continu IT Solutions
      Would it be possible to add the current logged in user for each pc to the header info that shows in the middle panel. We manage several hundred pcs and the computer name of ASSET-1234 does not tell us whos using it at that time. Most end users do not know their computer names. So trying to find the computer a user is on is sometimes difficult. Having this info at hand in the search list would help that a lot.
      i am only thinking this information for workstations, servers could potentially have multiple users logged in at the same time and this information would not be as useful (not to mention not enough space)
      I have included a mockup of one way this could be done.
      Also adding the ability to search for a current logged in user would be helpful.

• By Richard T
      I used the pulseway management system to push out Kaspersky to a few desktops for testing, some of the installationsfailed because of 'kaspersky endpoint security is not compatible with the network agent lower than 10.0' on some desktops. Pulseway only gives the option to 'reboot' when this occurs.
      If you then try installing Bitdefender (which I bought with our desktop licenses), it installs correctly, updates and then magically vanishes like it was never installed after a few minutes of running.
      An event in the log is then present with the same Kasperky not compatible with the network agent error message as if Pulseway was trying to re-install kaspersky again forcing bitdefender to remove itself.
      As pulseway does not have a 'Cancel installation' when the prior Kaspersky deployment attempt fails - the work around I found was to
      Uninstall Pulseway Agent Install Bitdefender Reinstall/redeploy Pulseway agent I do prefer the intergration that Pulseway has with Kaspersky and would love to know what timeframes (if at all) we are looking at for the same level of integration. 

• By Continu IT Solutions
      there is a permission issue in Patch Management
      I have granted a user defined group the ability to modify policies Checked the box Patch and View Policy and Edit Policy are checked.

The user can go in and under actions can click on edit and modify the policies, they can also create new policies, but upon hitting save gets a popup message saying Error You do not have permission to edit global policies. The only users that can seem to save any policies have to be in the administrators group.
      I have to assume this is a bug.
      We are using the Pulseway hosted dedicated server product, not on site.

• By Inevat - Michael Jones
      In trying to diagnose systems, often we need to be able to connect to a system before the user prompt for login. This allows us to see statuses of updates, rollback errors, etc.
    • By Inevat - Michael Jones
      Treating user groups more like AD user groups would allow more granularity of access and less duplication of security roles.