Add monitored service to remote machines

majorwoo

Hi all, fairly new user to Pulseway here.  I have my customers up and running with some "standard" configs I made by exporting/importing them as I went.  That's was all pretty smooth.

Now I would like to make a change to a customers computers - specifically I would like to monitor for a running service.  I can see how to do that by going through each machine from the dashboard and remotely editing the config, checking the service to be monitored, turning on service based alerts - and this all works.  But I'm looking for a way that doesn't require me go to each computer one at a time.  I looked into Pulseway Group Policies but they don't seem to be able to control that(I can turn on service alerting, but I can't seem to set the service to be monitored).  I was starting to look into some registry export/import, or simply monitoring the service status with a powershell script but then I need to install a plugin to send notifications through pulseway (which I found) but...  

Anyway, before I go further down the rabbit hole, how would those of you who have been using this longer do this?  I want to update a subset of my deployed computers to monitor a service.

• Staff

Hi Majorwoo,

You will need to write the Powershell script which will add the service name under this registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services)and increment the count by one (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\Services\Count).

And then run this script as an automated task on required systems. Read more about automation from here.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi @Aspect,

You need to check the count in HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\ServicesExcludedFromNotifications\Count, iterate through the HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\ServicesExcludedFromNotifications\ServiceX where X is the 0 based index. If among the list of excluded services you find your service then you don't need to do anything but if it's not among the entries then you need to add another entry that will be like this:

Name: ServiceX where is Count - 1

Value: The service name you wish to exclude from the notification

And finally you need to increment the Count value by 1. Please let me know how this goes.

-Paul