Calculations on variables

Hello,

At the moment I am working on setting up SNMP to monitor the amount of storage used on a Synology NAS. I am able to get the size and amount used with the hrStorageSize and hrStorageUsed (.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.5 & ....6) but it displays it as a "random" number. Of course this number is not random, it is expressed in hrStorageAlocationUnits (....4), which is expressed in bytes or kilobytes or something. What it waters down to is that the "random" number can be calculated into an normal number like gigabytes. How can I do this in Pulseway? I would like to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,

- Jaapyse

• Staff

Hi Jaapyse,

Thank you for your feedback. Pulseway doesn't support converting SNMP variables to other data storage units of measurement at this moment but it's a great idea, we will consider it for the future.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Is it at least possible to put labels on values? E.g.: when a certain oid returns 1 it says "Available", 2 says "Unavailable", 3 "Connecting", 4 "Disconnected" and 5 "Others". This is a real example that I took from the Synology NAS firmware upgrade oid. We currently have to remember the meaning of these numbers or check the documentation in order to know whether a firmware upgrade is available or not. I would like to hear from you how to fix it and I am looking forward to your reply!

- Jaapyse

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By OnsiteITservices
      Using USB external hard drive as backup devices and each drive can be recognized if manually added to the notifications/storage screen but I need to know if there is a way to set this to be automatic when the drive is replaced either daily or weekly.  Also, where would this be set globally for are servers being monitored. Currently have 8.6.8.

Thank you,
      Todd Kollars
      Onsite IT Services
    • By Leah96xxx
      I am trying to configure Pulseway on my Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS machine, but I'm having issues getting it to recognise systemd services.
      The services I want to monitor are smbd, plexmediaserver and clamav-freshclam. Regardless of what configuration I use, none of these services are even recognised by Pulseway let alone monitored. I have also tried setting each service as "NONE", "UPSTART" and "SYSVINIT" but nothing seems to work.
      The strange part is that ssh is monitored despite the fact that it's configuration is identical to the others.
      Here is a screenshot of my configuration:
      Can someone please help me out here? Is there something I'm missing?
      EDIT: Never mind. It suddenly started working after I posted this.
    • By Astrofrite
      Hi, i want to know how i can monitor the dropbox daemon on linux, i'v tried things with workflow but when i stop the service manualy it won't send me a notification or try to restart the service, and that is bothering me becaus on our servers we need to have dropbox running all the time for our application, i know that dropbox is weird on linux, it won't show with systemctl, but it's still like a daemon.
      I'm running debian buster machine all up to date with the last pulseway agent

• By Cilusse
      Hello there,
      I was in the process of configuring my Pulseway agent on a VPS running Ubuntu Server 20.04 and I ran in this interesting bug.
      Even using the sample config provided by the agent, uncommenting the Ping Responses bloc throws this error in the log, and prevents the service from starting.
      vps pulseway: Starting Pulseway Daemon version 6.5 (2019082205) vps pulseway: Configuration: Values for 'Milliseconds' attribute at 'PingResponse' node 10.6.0.53(1) should be between 1 and 1000 vps systemd: pulseway.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE  
      The PingResponse bloc in /etc/pulseway/config.xml looks like this:
      <PingResponses> <PingResponse Address="10.6.0.53" Milliseconds="1500" Minutes="1" PriorityOnSlowResponse="1" PriorityOnNoResponse="1" Alias="vps DNS notif" Enabled="true"/> </PingResponses>  
      So then I tried many Milliseconds values between 1 and 1000 but the same exact error always comes back.
      Is this a known issue or is there anything wrong with my setup?

Many thanks to anyone who can help,
      Best,
    • By Jason Corlett
      Can anyone find the new in 8.5 feature "Network Monitoring" or know how to add a device?