Calculations on variables

Hello,

At the moment I am working on setting up SNMP to monitor the amount of storage used on a Synology NAS. I am able to get the size and amount used with the hrStorageSize and hrStorageUsed (.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.5 & ....6) but it displays it as a "random" number. Of course this number is not random, it is expressed in hrStorageAlocationUnits (....4), which is expressed in bytes or kilobytes or something. What it waters down to is that the "random" number can be calculated into an normal number like gigabytes. How can I do this in Pulseway? I would like to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,

- Jaapyse

• Staff

Hi Jaapyse,

Thank you for your feedback. Pulseway doesn't support converting SNMP variables to other data storage units of measurement at this moment but it's a great idea, we will consider it for the future.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Is there maybe a workaround for it at the moment? Some of our customers demand insight in their systems and they will not be satisfied by strange numbers.

- Jaapyse

Hi Chris,

Is it at least possible to put labels on values? E.g.: when a certain oid returns 1 it says "Available", 2 says "Unavailable", 3 "Connecting", 4 "Disconnected" and 5 "Others". This is a real example that I took from the Synology NAS firmware upgrade oid. We currently have to remember the meaning of these numbers or check the documentation in order to know whether a firmware upgrade is available or not. I would like to hear from you how to fix it and I am looking forward to your reply!

- Jaapyse

• Staff

Hi Jaapyse,

This is a great idea, we've already added a todo for conversion from bytes to the highest possible value and now we've also added the feature to add common value labels. Thanks!

Chris