Screen cannot be captured at the moment due to fast user switching

Crash

When attempting to use the Remote Desktop Client to connect to a Windows 2003 Server I receive the message: "The screen cannot be captured at the moment. This could be due to fast user switching or a minimized/disconnected remote desktop session".  I've seen this error documented on other forums for TeamViewer and the vendor says the latest version resolves it.  There is also a workaround documented here: http://ram.kossboss.com/teamviewer-error-screen-captured-moment-due-fast-user-switching/ , but I can't implement it because I can't find the service by the TeamViewer name or access a stand alone installer of the RDC.  I'm hoping Pulseway techs monitor this forum since I'm a new user and haven't seen another option to engage support.  

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Crash,

Sorry for the delayed response. Did you connect to that system with Windows Remote Desktop and didn't log off the session? This might be the cause why you're seeing that message.

Chris

No.  It's like that after a reboot.  If I connect M$ RDP first, I can use Pulseway's Remote Desktop Client to connect to the running session, but if the server is sitting at the login screen with no users logged on I see the behavior described.  I've tried this with 3 different Windows 2003 servers and the behavior is the same on each.  There are documented solutions, but I would need one of the resources mentioned in my original post.  The name of the service seems like the easiest.