Eset Remote Administrator Connection Difficulties

geekmonkey

Hello,

New user here still very much in my trial period. I currently use a Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2 as my primary Domain Controller and have Eset Remote Administrator version 6.1.365.0 installed and running. I've installed the Pulseway Manager 4.7.3 on the server without difficulty and am able to connect to this with my mobile device - an iPhone 4. 

When I attempt to setup the Server module for Eset within the Pulseway Manager on the server I am unable to connect to my Eset Remote Administrator server. Is there documentation somewhere on how to set this up and what the prerequistes are? I've browsed the manual which basically tells me what I can do once I get it setup, however can't find anything about how to set it up for access. The forums also seem devoid of posts regarding this error.The error I continue to receive when using the "Test Connection" button is "Could not connect to ERA. Connection result is: APIERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED. Last error code is: 11001".

I've tried server names such as ERAserver, Server, localhost, 127.0.0.1 all without success. I've adjusted the ports from 1433, 2222, 2223, 8443 all without success. I am able to connect to the ERA web console without error within my browser via localhost:8443/era/webconsole.

I have all of my clients setup with Eset Antivirus products and in the testing of RMM solutions (of which I've tested over a half dozen in the last month), Pulseway is one of only 2 RMM solution that I've found which offers proper Eset integration. This is a huge selling point for myself and any assistance in connecting this module would be greatly appreaciated and would most likely make Pulseway my top choice for an RMM solution.

Thanks and hope someone out there can offer a suggestion! Cheers

• Staff

Hi,

Pulseway doesn't support ESET Remote Administrator 6.x at this moment. ESET doesn't expose any form of APIs at this moment for the V6 ERA software.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. That might very well explain why I can't get it to connect! Do you expect to be able to connect and monitor with Eset Remote Administrator version 6 in the future? Or is this a feature that has become depreaciated?

• Staff

Hi,

We are working with ESET on bringing support for ESET Remote Administrator 6 as soon as possible so you can bet Pulseway will support ERA 6 in the future.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• 3 months later...

I am grateful for ESET improving the ERA but I was most disappointed when I learned v6 was not yet accessible to Pulseway. I know it hasn't been long since the last post here but I was wondering if there are any progressions for this feature. I am very anxious to get this monitoring view along with everything else.

I appreciate any news you may have.

Sincerely,

Sam

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Sam,

We've experienced technical difficulties with the ERA 6 integration which forced us to place the module development on hold. Pulseway supports monitoring all third party antivirus products running on workstation operating systems and integrate with Microsoft Security Center (almost all commercially available security products).

Chris

Hi Sam,

We've experienced technical difficulties with the ERA 6 integration which forced us to place the module development on hold. Pulseway supports monitoring all third party antivirus products running on workstation operating systems and integrate with Microsoft Security Center (almost all commercially available security products).

Chris

Quite alright. I understand things don't always go as desired. I am just impressed you are responding to your users. I am excited for this feature but am a patient person.

Let us know if there are any progressions.

-Sam

• 8 months later...
On 9-9-2015 at 2:17 PM, Chris said:

Hi Sam,

Chris

Any ETA on the ERA 6 support? We're thinking about implementing this but ERA 5 will be EOL in 2018 which does not really make it a longterm solution.

• 5 months later...

Hey Chris and others,

Could not connect to ERA. Connection result is:
APIERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED.
Last Error Code: 0

Still no ERA 6.x supported? (In my case 6.4.295.0)

- Jaapyse

• Administrators

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately ERA integration will not make it this year despite all of our efforts to squeeze it into the Roadmap. I'll do some digging and see if we can arrange it for Q1 2017. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

-Paul

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we've took out the ESET Remote Administrator 6 feature from our Roadmap because we've integrated with the Kaspersky Endpoint Security product.

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.3.2017 at 10:50 AM, Paul said:

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we've took out the ESET Remote Administrator 6 feature from our Roadmap because we've integrated with the Kaspersky Endpoint Security product.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

how can we trust you on any promised feature? Nearly every question for a new feature in this forum is on your ever growing roadmap. Pulseway can be a great product and when we decided to buy the enterprise version nearly one year ago, I thought that the GUI is really great and clean and that it is easy to add new features, etc. But what did you do in the last year? Yes, you have added the scripting (which is very nice). You also added an Antivirus solution (at extra cost). The promised patch management is not available, the promised support for ESET v6 will never be available, many other promised features are on your roadmap since years but nothing happens. The only supported backup solutions are ShadowProtect and Windows Server Backup. What about the big players on the market like Veeam?

We didn't upgrade our customers to ESET v6 because of the lack of support from Pulseway yet. Now I know that it will never be supported. This means, that we will have to switch to Pulseway Antivirus or use another monitoring solutions. If you read my post carefully, you know the answer.

- Dilbert -

• Administrators

Hi Dilbert,

There is nothing I can say to that can "sweeten" the situation. The decision to stop the development on the ESET ERA 6 server module was not taken lightly considering the fact that we've invested R&D time into it however there were some difficulties which forced us to put the development on hold and we never got to pick it up again.

I really understand that some of you committed to Pulseway only because of the though of integrating their existing ESET infrastructure and this really was pushed forward for years now and now completely removed out of our Roadmap but it's still possible to have a change of heart and reintroduce this due to popular demand. On our past two feature surveys we've seen a much higher demand of Kaspersky in favor of ESET which was the major reason of the antivirus product selection.

In regards to the backup product monitoring and management, we plan to introduce a backup addon (or server module) but we're not yet 100% decided on which product we're going to be selecting. With the introduction of the Antivirus addon we've made it possible to introduce other integrations much easier thus opening the doors to many more integrations.

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.

-Paul

• 8 months later...

Hi Paul,

We still have all our clients in our ERA 6 and we're not going to change that. In your last post you mentioned a backup addon or server module which was to be announced. Can I hope for ERA support in Pulseway or is all hope lost in that regard?

- Jaapyse

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi Jaapyse,

We didn't raise the anchor and set sail in a completely different direction completely losing all hope in supporting ESET Remote Administrator 6 or the upcoming 7. It's just that the popularity of other features like Patch Management (OS / 3rd party), better remote desktop (possibly mobile or webapp support) and more features for the existing integrations are much more requested than the ESET Remote Administrator during our last 2 surveys. We do want to integrate with as many security products as we can as the endpoint security is a very important aspect for everyday monitoring and we are taking this integration very seriously.

-Paul

• 1 month later...

I would've liked to purchased one of your integrated AV products but I'm not interested in Kasperski and I've read some concerning issues with recent webroot updates.  So I eventually settled on ESET, partially under the mistaken impression that you still supported it.  I would also like to request support for ESET integration be added back to your roadmap.

• Administrators

Hi Kevin,

We're excited to let you know that we will continue to integrate with more antivirus products and ESET is very well regarded on our wish list. I'll update this thread when I have an update.

-Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 4:20 PM, Paul said:

Hi Kevin,

We're excited to let you know that we will continue to integrate with more antivirus products and ESET is very well regarded on our wish list. I'll update this thread when I have an update.

-Paul

Hi Paul, any update on whether or not we should expect ESET 6.x support anytime in the near future??  We have several partner orgs who are wondering the same thing...