Paul

Notification Bridge

This is awesome.  This is likely to be an interim plan for me while I write something more custom tailored for me.  

I would suggest you return a unique value for maintenance mode, rather than the same as a failure to run.   The reason for this is many people will need to error on a failed polling the same as if the script returned bad stuff, but we would not want to do the same if its in maintenance mode.     

Looking at the code it doesn't look to hard to change since you already checking separately, but if i'm understanding the code correctly you would only need to return something other than false, and then change your if/else logic and maybe internal documentation.  (And then we could use pulseway alerting for say a scheduled task more easily to alert on a poll failure)

One question, is there a way (this could be more pulseway app 101) to make it so that if we failed to receive data within a period of time, that an alert will be sent?  (say the machine is removed from the network and the pulseway client is not operable)

Another question, when sent alerts this way, what do we really have for historical record keeping?  

One question, is there a way (this could be more pulseway app 101) to make it so that if we failed to receive data within a period of time, that an alert will be sent?  (say the machine is removed from the network and the pulseway client is not operable)

Yes, just enable the offline notification from the Pulseway Manager -> Notifications -> Status and you will receive a notification if the agent stops *pinging* the server for a period of time (configurable from the Server Admin -> Settings page on the WebApp).

Another question, when sent alerts this way, what do we really have for historical record keeping?  

All notifications are archived for historical record keeping and can be accessed from the Server Admin -> Notification History page on the WebApp.

Looking at the code it doesn't look to hard to change since you already checking separately, but if i'm understanding the code correctly you would only need to return something other than false, and then change your if/else logic and maybe internal documentation.  (And then we could use pulseway alerting for say a scheduled task more easily to alert on a poll failure)

This could be done :lol:...

-Paul

Hello Paul,

It seems the plugin doesn't respect existing notifications anymore:

NotificationBridge.exe -p 1 -t "message"

Sending it like that multiple times always return Notifcation was succesfully sent

image.png.d66bd535716e97706ab58fe570a18d17.png

What I have seen in Pulseway that while 2 notifications won't be shown next to each other if you delete other notifications so that those notification will show up on top, it will accept new notifications so you can have 5 or more identical notifications. 

Is there hope for a fix? I tried playing with C# code of yours but I don't think problem is in there.

Przemek