Value of Custom Fields

Josh-405

After noticing the addition of Custom Fields to the Scripts section, I was testing it out and wanted to store a value in a Custom Field for each system. I have setup a powershell script that should save a variable value to the Custom Field and ran it against my computer. The script ran successfully, but I am not able to find the Custom Field to see if value was saved properly. Where can the Custom Field be found?

That would certainly be useful as well! If I cannot find the field containing the results, its not very useful either. Since it is a new feature, it might just not be finished yet. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. 

• 11 months later...

Going to bring this thread back to the top.  If anyone else feels that having the ability to input at run time a variable they declared as a custom field in their scripts, please upvote.  This is probably one of the single biggest improvements I want to see with Pulseway.  Custom variables should be able to be set to prompt at run for input.  We should also be able to set Customer level variables that are static and can be called in a given script.  

Here is the link to the feature request.  I did search and didn't find someone else asking about this, but I may have missed it. Either way, doesn't seem high on the list of votes so getting more attention to it would be great. 

https://pulseway.featureupvote.com/suggestions/189283/more-robust-input-and-site-variables

• 1 month later...

@Josh-405, If you are still looking for where the values of the fields are. For System Variables, the value is under each system. But only shows up when the agent is online, as I believe it and most other machine info/processing is done on the client side. 

I've also been messing around with them, found that i can make a PS script to increment a counter stored in a System custom field, for remembering the amount of High CPU usage alerts on a machine. I call it with a workflow when the alert comes through, and then check the Custom field value after if over 3 it will send a ticket to our helpdesk. IDK if it works yet as I just put it together this morning, but the logic seems right. 

To get around the problem of running a script with input, I've been using a Global Custom Field that my script calls and editing that value manually before running the script. Works well for quarterly wifi password rolls, not so much for per machine configs.