Jump to content
ITiseasy

KAV not installing (Agent Missing)

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

i just updated 2 systems to the latest Windows 10 1903 update. Now KAV will not install anymore.

We needed to delete the installation of KAV because of the new update (Some conflict at the update on both computers) After installing the new windows 1903 release the Pulseway Webapp is telling at the KAV section "Missing Agent"

 

Does anyone noticed this also and has an solution?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

I have the same issue with a freshly updated System. When I try to install the av software out the AV folder in my pulseway folder Windows 10 gives me a message that the package is out dated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

We're on the final steps of releasing an update to the Kaspersky integration which will allow you to upgrade your existing Kaspersky installations to KES 10 SP2 which also supports the 1903 update. I'll post another reply here when the update is out but it won't be long.

-Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Paul said:

Hey everyone,

We're on the final steps of releasing an update to the Kaspersky integration which will allow you to upgrade your existing Kaspersky installations to KES 10 SP2 which also supports the 1903 update. I'll post another reply here when the update is out but it won't be long.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the fast reply and the hard work you guys are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this issue.

I upgraded several computers to windows 10 this weekend and noticed the issue. Oddly 

I still have more work to do to have the systems ready before tomorrow morning. installing Kaspersky after the upgrade was scheduled to take a few minutes. I'm a few hours into this and stressing out. 

I assume I need to prevent Windows updates to avoid even more chaos. 

To me this is a serious issue.

What is the current recommended solution?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, timbuck2 said:

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this issue.

I upgraded several computers to windows 10 this weekend and noticed the issue. Oddly 

I still have more work to do to have the systems ready before tomorrow morning. installing Kaspersky after the upgrade was scheduled to take a few minutes. I'm a few hours into this and stressing out. 

I assume I need to prevent Windows updates to avoid even more chaos. 

To me this is a serious issue.

What is the current recommended solution?

 

I dont know when Pulseway is ready to roll-out the update on KAV. But for now if you cant wait, just rollback the Windows Updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've rolled out the update today to a few servers and we will continue to distribute it for the rest of the week. Please PM me your instance name and I'll speed things up for your instance.

-Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Paul said:

We've rolled out the update today to a few servers and we will continue to distribute it for the rest of the week. Please PM me your instance name and I'll speed things up for your instance.

-Paul

itiseasy.pulseway.com please.

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Paul said:

You should have the update available already. Check out the instructions on this article: https://intercom.help/pulseway/en/articles/3151587-how-to-upgrade-kaspersky-endpoint-security-10-to-the-sp2

Let me know how it goes :lol:.

-Paul

Everything just worked fine with the upgrade button after the upgrade of the agent. But if you have uninstalled the KAV to process the Windows Update, you need to remove the AV download folder from the Pulseway installation folder.

Thanks for the solution Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 10:33 AM, ITiseasy said:

I dont know when Pulseway is ready to roll-out the update on KAV. But for now if you cant wait, just rollback the Windows Updates

I appreciate the thought. This occurred after upgrading to Windows 10  from 7 KAS was uninstalled to perform the upgrade. Several hours more work was done and then I learned KAS would not install. So in this case a rollback wasn't an acceptable option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, Paul said:

You should have the update available already. Check out the instructions on this article: https://intercom.help/pulseway/en/articles/3151587-how-to-upgrade-kaspersky-endpoint-security-10-to-the-sp2

Let me know how it goes :lol:.

-Paul

Thank you for the good work Paul. I have not pushed the update yet.

I have 4 computers that were upgrade from 7 to 10 with KAS uninstalled during the upgrade. Currently the Agent Version 6.4.2 Up to date w10 pc  fails installing KAS . The product listing in the log below is in the registry as "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows"

Is the uninstaller for KAS broken ? Is there a way to make the installer a bit more resilliant?

8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: initialize Mui: start ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Mui: GetSystemDefaultUILanguage: '1033' ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Mui: GetUserDefaultUILanguage: '1033' ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Mui: Try to get preferred UI languages ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Mui: GetSystemPreferredUILanguages 1, '0409' ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Mui: system UI language 1033 ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Mui: language is 1033 ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Mui: Installed product not found. ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: initialize Mui: end ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: Parse command line: start ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: Parse command line: end ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: reading setup.ini: start ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: Eula attribute exist in setup.ini: Eula = 1 ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: Eula accepted ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: Reboot attribute exist in setup.ini: Reboot = 0 ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: Reboot not allowed ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: reading setup.ini: end ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: reading installer.ini: start ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: RemoveIncompApp = 1 ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: reading installer.ini: end ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Current folder is 'C:\Program Files\Pulseway'. Error code 0. ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** Current folder changed to 'C:\Program Files\Pulseway\AV'. Error code 0. ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: installation started ***
8008:1a44 22:52:52.706 *** setup: Failed to get installed product {7A4192A1-84C4-4E90-A31B-B4847CA8E23A} property VersionString. ***
 

Edited by timbuck2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mark said:

Can you please try to use the kavremover tool (https://support.kaspersky.com/common/uninstall/1464) to detect/remove any previous installation. It's possible that the Windows upgrade didn't clean the registry during the KES uninstall process.

As well before installing KES be sure that the Windows have the latest updates installed.

Mark 

There is nothing at that link as of July 19 2019 3am est.  At this point the client would have been better served with off the shelf antivirus.  This is Bad !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello together,

thanks for fast support. But I am still having the same same problem. After I used the KAV remover and deleted the AV folder the I rebooted the client.

Error is still Agend missing.

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please be sure that the Windows have the latest updates installed? Run the windows updates on the machine (and reboot it if require) then try to install KES again. If still not working please send an email to support@pulseway.com and we can arrange a Teamviewer session to investigate the issue.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mark said:

Can you please be sure that the Windows have the latest updates installed? Run the windows updates on the machine (and reboot it if require) then try to install KES again. If still not working please send an email to support@pulseway.com and we can arrange a Teamviewer session to investigate the issue.

Mark

System is up to date. When I try to install manual the setup.exe in the AV folder I still get the error that KAV is still outdated.

Edit: We are using the free / pro account.

 

Dustin

Edited by docdisaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Pro/Free accounts are not getting the update yet. We're doing a staging release so probably you'll get the update over the next few days.

Manually installing the KES from AV folder will not work.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark said:

For Pro/Free accounts are not getting the update yet. We're doing a staging release so probably you'll get the update over the next few days.

Manually installing the KES from AV folder will not work.

Mark

When is it planed to to release the update. We are paying for the product and aren`t able to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The staged release is in place to gradually roll out the update to our customers. Due to the multitude of configurations that can get the Kaspersky product into a unforeseen state we'd rather push the update slowly to get an understanding of the stability of the update. The last thing we want is for everyone to start rolling out the update and to discover that it breaks their systems due to some incompatibility.

By the end of next week you will definitely receive the update unless we get feedback from the early testers that the update is working as expected.

-Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried the links from multiple locations networks and computers.

the direct link that you gave me works for the download as did a different link for the download I was given from support.

the link i was given for the documentation will not load though.  I could not get the remover to run silently and had to login to each machine, run it, interact with a captcha , reboot and then push kaspersky. I am so glad this was a few machines and not 400. I wish they would fix their installer currently it isn't managable or scalable.

 

23 hours ago, Mark said:

Link is opening fine here. Can you please try the direct link: http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/ConsumerUtilities/kavremvr.exe?_ga=2.222421016.260377756.1563354201-1504209911.1557329313

As well before installing KES be sure that the Windows have the latest updates installed.

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tonight I pushed the upgrade to a site. This site was upgraded to Windows 10 last month. during the process the systems were imaged. Kaspersky was uninstalled. The upgrade was performed. Then kaspersky was pushed via pulseway. It worked flawlessly. Subsequently the computers  were patched up to date with a seven day delay. Kaspersky seemed to be working fine, which is unexpected. I'm not sure why these computers experienced no problems. (A week later the same procedure at another site failed completely.)

After pushing the update I selected the first computer on the list and had it reboot. After rebooting it no longer reported in to pulseway. after some time I decided to Remote to it using Connectwise Control. I could connect but there was no login screen. Console commands through CC are not responded to. 

Rather than reboot the remainder , I'm leaving the others as they are and driving over tomorrow to learn more about the problem. 

My remote management is turning into UBER tech. :?(

Edited by timbuck2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 4:20 AM, timbuck2 said:

Tonight I pushed the upgrade to a site. This site was upgraded to Windows 10 last month. during the process the systems were imaged. Kaspersky was uninstalled. The upgrade was performed. Then kaspersky was pushed via pulseway. It worked flawlessly. Subsequently the computers  were patched up to date with a seven day delay. Kaspersky seemed to be working fine, which is unexpected. I'm not sure why these computers experienced no problems. (A week later the same procedure at another site failed completely.)

After pushing the update I selected the first computer on the list and had it reboot. After rebooting it no longer reported in to pulseway. after some time I decided to Remote to it using Connectwise Control. I could connect but there was no login screen. Console commands through CC are not responded to. 

Rather than reboot the remainder , I'm leaving the others as they are and driving over tomorrow to learn more about the problem. 

My remote management is turning into UBER tech. :?(

on this site after the KAS upgrade several problems arose. The first computers rebooted could not login to windows. Others could login but not launch applications.
After hours of trying things and having different bad results and running out of time I decided to try and undo everything on each computer one at a time.


1. One computer could not login to windows there were no icons for users and no place to type a password. 
    I booted to W10 media and using a restore point failed. 
    I got to the console and deleted the Pulseway folder. this allowed me to login. 
    But functionality was limited. I then rebooted into safe mode and cleared the pulseway registry 
    and detached the Pulseway service. I think I also ran the kaspersky uninstaller. I was then able to login normally. 

2. For most computers. boot W10 media, restore point, kaspersky uninstaller, uninstall pulseway, detach pulseway service, delete pulseway folder,
   delete pulseway registry, reboot, windows updates, install pulseway, push kaspersky. 

3. Two computers required boot w10 media delete pulseway folder then everything in 2.

4. Finally one computer which is still on windows 7 Inadvertantly had Kaspersky uninstalled and then it would not install. 
  I ran the kaspersky uninstaller. and still no install. I repaired pulseway and kaspersky installed. 

5. A few computers had no real issues they accepted the new Kaspersky and had no issues on reboot. 

Throughout this process even though I went onsite to do it. It was very beneficial to have a separate app for remoting to the machines. Connectwise control is very fast and efficient for running same command on multiple computers and RDP

My email is full of Pulseway 2FA codes . but at least Monday morning will not be a disaster. 

I have more sites to upgrade, hopefully they will go better now that I realize how fragile this can become. 

I hope you all have a better result. 

Next time I suppose I will  Image the computers. uninstall Kaspersky and Pulseway. Clean out Pulseway Registry, Detach Pulseway Service, Delete Pulseway Folder. Ensure there is a restore point. Upgrade the OS. Check for Device Issues. Patch the OS. Install Pulseway. Push Kaspersky. 

I guess now I need to cautiously upgrade other endpoints that are already windows 10. 

I am very disappointed in Kaspersky. In contrast 1200 endpoints running eset and not a single ticket related to the windows 10 upgrade.  Also uninstalling and reinstalling actually works. 


 

Edited by timbuck2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...