Quenten Grasso

Chocolatey Windows Package Management

Hey Guys,

It would be great if we had some integration with https://chocolatey.org for windows package management, its basically like apt-get or yum for windows which seems a lot better IMHO then ninite type solutions. 

Having its own tab under group policy for example to install selected apps across multiple machines and keep them updated within patch windows for example. This would be a huge benefit for Pulseway if done well.

https://chocolatey.org/about

https://chocolatey.org/pricing at only $3/year per machine its pretty competitive pricing.

Cheers,
Quenten

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Robin
      The ability to just pull your phone out and run a Ansible playbook would be amazing.
      Maybe even get run status or just the output of whatever playbook was run.
      This would add a crazy amount of flexibility to Pulseway.
    • By SpartanGolf6
      I use Pulseway to monitor my finicky Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop and I noticed my laptop has thousands upon thousands of logs in Event Logs. I specifically need the 'Application Event Logs', 'Security' and 'System' event logs saved, ideally as a .CSV file. I don't know much PowerShell/Bash/VBScript, so I was hoping someone knows how to do this.
    • By Continu IT Solutions
      We use Puleway Webapp (RMM) and PSA. I have to setup to different logins (PSA is on SAML) for access. Is there any plans to allow us to link and integrate these two logins?
    • By Joe Savage
      Hi there,
      Just wondering if this is an option. I attempted to do the following with batch, but didn't work due to the %appdata% value resolving to somewhere in C:\Windows.
      mkdir %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads copy "\\SERVER\SHARE\Teams Backup Images\*.jpg" %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads /y  
      Any ideas?
      Cheers,
      Joe
    • By Joe Savage
      Hi there,
      This might be a bit of a long shot - but I have an end client who's interested in deploying custom Teams issues with Pulseway (as there aren't many users in-office for obvious reasons).
      I've attempted to deploy this by pushing a batch script, to copy the backgrounds from a shared location. The backgrounds folder in question is located in the user's roaming appdata (%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads). For this reason I wasn't able to use %username% correctly in my batch script, as the script is being run by some Pulseway service, rather than as the local user account.

Please let me know if you've any ideas and have a great day.

Cheers,
      Joe