Delete Desktop Short Cut

Dennis Cox

My predecessor had created a script that would install a desktop link to our help desk. We no longer use this solution and I want to have the shortcut removed from every device. I can't seem to find a script to do this. I hope someone could help.

This is the script that he had used:
@echo off
md C:\icon
copy "\\edmws001\image\Nortrux_Helpdesk_icon.ico" "c:\icon"
icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant Administrators:F
icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant Users:F
icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant INTERACTIVE:F
attrib -R  "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk"
copy "\\edmws001\image\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop"
attrib +R  "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk"
icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant Users:R
icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant Administrators:R
icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant INTERACTIVE:R
icacls "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk" /inheritance:r /grant SYSTEM:F

Hello Dennis,

You can remove the link from numerous machines at the same time by creating a script containing the below line and executing it on the desired scope of machines using task.

Remove-Item 'C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Nortrux IT Help Desk.lnk' -force

For more information on the subject of creating and running scripts through Pulseway, please click here