Openfire Service Monitoring on Centos 6

Antony Joseph

Hi guys,

I have a linux server with Openfire Installed. Recently we have a problem where the Openfire service stops and has to be restarted. I am trying to configure pulseway on this server to monitor the service.

At this point, the server shows up on my Pulseway Dashboard. However, when the openfire service is stopped, i do not get any notification. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is a copy of my current configuration. 

<!--Monitored Services-->
        <MonitoredServices>
                <!--Service
      - Name: "openfire"
      - DisplayName: "OpenFire"
      - IsDaemon: "true"
      - DaemonType: "SYSVINIT"
      - Path: ""
      - StartParameters: ""
      - CanBeStopped: "true"
      - Enabled: "true"  -->
                <Service Name="cups"

<Notifications>
                <!--Send a notification when the computer is offline-->
                <WhenOffline Enabled="true"/>
                <!--Send a notification when the computer is online-->
                <OnOnline Priority="2" Enabled="false"/>
                <!--Send a notification when the computer is shutting down-->
                <OnShutdown Priority="0" Enabled="true"/>
                <!--Send a notification when a user logs in-->
                <UserLogsIn Priority="2" Enabled="false"/>
                <!--Send a notification when a user logs out-->
                <UserLogsOut Priority="3" Enabled="false"/>
                <!--Send a notification when the available memory is below a certain percentage (between 10 and 90)-->
                <MemoryLow Priority="1" Percentage="10" Enabled="false"/>
                <!--Send a notification when the CPU usage is above a certain percentage (between 10 and 90) for a number of minutes (between 1 and 120)-->
                <HighCpuUsage Priority="1" Percentage="90" Minutes="5" Enabled="false"/>
                <!--Send a notification when the CPU usage is below a certain percentage (between 10 and 90) for a number of minutes (between 1 and 120)-->
                <LowCpuUsage Priority="2" Percentage="10" Minutes="5" Enabled="false"/>
                <!--Send a notification when a port is closed for a number of minutes (between 1 and 120)-->
                <PortClosed Priority="1" Minutes="1" Enabled="false"/>
                <!--Send a notification when a service has stopped for a number of minutes (between 1 and 120)-->
                <ServiceStopped Priority="1" Minutes="1" Enabled="true"/>
                <!--HDD Free Space - send a notification when a HDD free space is low

• Staff
Hi Antony,

Can you tell us more about your distro (uname -a; cat /etc/issue; openssl version) and Openfire version?
Can you please email us (support@pulseway.com) the config file (after removing credentials). Based on your information (distro, version, config.xml, etc) we'll try to reproduce the issue here.
Many thanks!

Regards,

Mark

2 hours ago, Mark said:
Hi Antony,

Can you tell us more about your distro (uname -a; cat /etc/issue; openssl version) and Openfire version?
Can you please email us (support@pulseway.com) the config file (after removing credentials). Based on your information (distro, version, config.xml, etc) we'll try to reproduce the issue here.
Many thanks!

Regards,

Mark

Email has been sent