3rd party patching failing frequently (SMScriptException (3): Error in script.)

at26574

• 2 weeks later...

This is also happening to me, it very frustrating and seems to only be happening with Microsoft products in the past few weeks. Not sure where to get the full log from

Oct 2, 2023, 4:38:40 PM

Application Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise (Current) (16.0.16827.20130) failed to install.

SMScriptException (3): Error in script.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are still getting errors for multiple things, like Forticlient VPN and Teamviewer. I've submitted diagnostic logs and had live support sessions with members of Pulseway support, and it feels like this is going nowhere. Just had to set up yet another live support session for these issues, which I expect will produce nothing. 

How can we rely on Pulseway for addressing vulnerabilities through third party patching when it fails to work consistently?

image.png.e9977fbac69fc600280f29f3b104a71a.png

• Administrators

Hey @at26574, Apologies that this issues is taking so long, could you please forward me your support ticket number so that I can follow up. 

@Tryp1c_ac3 Could you also forward me your Pulseway email id so that I can raise a ticket for you too, just in case your issues are cause by separate things. 

Thanks a mill, 
Stefan 

• 4 months later...

Hi @StefanMcl_Pulseway

Have there been any updates on the issue? We're seeing this problem in our organization as well. Most, if not all 3rd party applications are not being patched by Pulseway. This is a pretty serious issue, as many of these applications have unpatched vulnerabilities. We've just reached out to our account manager as well.

image.png.c284e5dac84eff9b82cb64cdc3005146.png

image.png.c7f39a09b47e906c1ce6c5b5daa592e2.png

image.png.9a09f976360146f61e82b2585b683b53.png

Edited by Ondrej Patrovic

It seems like it's time to start looking at alternatives. I cannot recommend Pulseway in good conscience anymore. We've been unable to get an answer on here or from our account manager within the last 24 hours, on a clearly very critical issue. An issue which appears to affect many clients, not just ourselves. Instead of focusing so much on new features and automation, why not make sure your core features are working properly first.

Edited by Ondrej Patrovic