No notifications generated

racerx

So this is strange, new Pulseway PRO account, 13 PC's being monitored

Have configured a policy with notifications enabled for all sorts of things

Have added the policy to all organisations and can see it inherited down to the PC's

However nothing is being generated, no login notifications, no disk space notification ( I have a server with 6% space that should be triggering) no patching notifications, nothing!

Occasionally one will just appear for something at almost random, (like a disk space issue, but deleting it should trigger a followup one instantly but it never comes)

All servers are not in maintenance mode

The only notification that is 100% reliable is when rebooting a server.

Im not talking about email or push...( These are configured too) There is no notifications against the server in the webApp console at all.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.49.57 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.52.30 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.53.07 pm.png

Edited by racerx

• Staff

Hi @racerx,

It will take about 1 minute to apply Pulseway group policy on the remote system. After that it will take another minute to trigger notification if your system is not in Maintenance mode (no notifications are sent).

Regarding offline notifications - for Pro plan these notifications are sent after 15 minutes.

Hi @Chris,

Thanks for the reply. The systems are not in Maintenance mode, and the policy (and the notification settings) have not been updated in hours.

Looking thru the systems there are OS patches that should triggering notifications, disk space on a server that also should and even simple notifications on a user login are not occurring across my entire account.

Is there something else I am missing?

Hi @Chris,

So as a test I cloned the policy and added a <95% disk space critical warning. Sure enough after a minute I get a notification storm... so it appears to be working.  HOWEVER...

I also have a critical notification for a server login and for updates required and these do not trigger.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 9.25.50 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 9.24.53 pm.png

Edited by racerx

Remember to not only enable workstations to generate notifications, but also enable the account/s to receive them as well.

Have a look under Account -> Notifications and make sure that they are enabled there too.

image.thumb.png.1c5361963c838e8c6c05fe7468cc9219.png

Edited by AC_Martin_J