Support for Azure SQL

Martin Stevnhoved

Hi.

I would really like to see the SQL Server Module to support Azure SQL.

It would be great if we could se performance data (which all can be read from system tables), and create notifications based on thresholds.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-dynamic-management-views/sys-dm-db-resource-stats-azure-sql-database

When trying to configure SQL Server module for an Azure SQL, it tests the connection fine.
But when Pulseway tries to get information from the server, it writes this error in the trace.log

29-11-2018, 10:53:07.404: [Service] Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.UnknownPropertyException: Product: unknown property.
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlPropertyMetadataProvider.PropertyNameToIDLookupWithException(String propertyName, PropertyAccessPurpose pap)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Server.get_Product()
   at MM.Monitor.Service.Configuration.DbSQLServerConnection.GetServerInfo()
   at .........(Request .)

When trying to query from Pulseway manager, I am able to query the server information and database information for master.
I cannot query the information for user databases because Azure SQL requires that you connect to database, and nos just change database with USE.

I think it would be a fairly simple task to change the Module to support its basic functionality on Azure SQL.

serverproperties.png

dbproperties-master.png

dbproperties-user.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...