Change System Group Script

Quenten Grasso

Hi,

So as I start to get used to Pulseway, here's quick script I've made up to change the *Nix/Win computer group on the fly. I haven't yet found an easier way to do it yet.  This seems to work for me so hopefully it helps someone else.

I've just created a Script Category and added a version of this script per customer/group in this folder.  So create your script edit the Group below to suite your requirements.

Linux/Bash Tab

#!/bin/bash
if [ -f /bin/sed ] 
then
cp /etc/pulseway/config.xml /etc/pulseway/config.xml.backup
/bin/sed -i '/<ComputerInformation Name="" Group="/c\<ComputerInformation Name="" Group="My Company - Linux Servers"/>' /etc/pulseway/config.xml
else
echo "Sed not found!"
fi

Windows/Powershell Tab

Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\" -Name GroupName -Value "My Company - Windows Servers"

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @NathanB,

Please note, that this functionality will no longer work after we will upgrade Pulseway to the version 6.0. In version 6.0 all your monitored systems will be owned by the server and server will no longer trust any changes which are maid on the system in regards of the change of the group name. If the system is known to the server, then server will overwrite all the changes which are made on the agent. In order to move the system from one group to another you will need to use the Pulseway WebApp -> Server Admin -> Configuration section.

Or for the Free accounts Systems -> Configuration section.