Remote desktop issues

Rciadmin

I am testing the free version for the company I work for to make sure this is what we want. So far this program is perfect for what we are looking for. The only problem is that we have computers out in the field that I need that I need to be able to remote into and I cant get the remote desktop feature to work. When i set it up here in the office on our network I can connect, but when i have a computer setup on a wireless card (different network) I can connect. Is there a feature or a service i need to enable to make it work? I did change to settings for the IP address when it changed networks. Hopefully I can get this issue resolved because this program is awesome and will save me tons of traveling time.

• Administrators

As far as I know PC Monitor has a working beta Remote Desktop feature inside the dashboard application however it's only available for PC Monitor Enterprise Customers. But you can use the dashboard to quickly connect to the computers using windows remote desktop however this will require that you would open up the ports in your NAT/firewall.

• Administrators

You can use this feature even after the trial ends, it's just that you have to open remote desktop ports (plain rdp) and dashboard will just automate the connection for you.

If you wish to try out PC Monitor's remote desktop feature you will have to request a trial of the Enterprise server, install it and then try it out.