Notify when a new device is connected to the wifi network

TheBigDogz

I would like to be notified when a network device logs onto my wifi network.   I can assign these devices static IPs based on MAC addresses.  I know I can check to see if they are off of my network by pinging their IPs.  However what I try to detect is the opposite. Any clue?   These devices are my WDTV media players,  android phones,  and my TVs. 

• Administrators

Hello TheBigDogz,

I see you are trying to setup PC Monitor to notify you if a specific set of IP Addresses in your network are not reachable. Recently Ping Notification feature has been updated so that you will receive a notification if a monitored IP Address was notified to be offline and has become back online at a later time.

Basically you need to normally setup your Ping notification for the IP Addresses you are interested, shut them down and you will receive a notification that they are offline but when they come back online you will get another notification saying that the device is now back online.

If you wish to disable the offline notification for Ping Monitoring you will have to create a feature request here.

Hope this helps,

Paul.

Thank you very much.  This is precisely what I was looking for.  One thing that I notice is that since I setup the duration to 1 minute, it will send me an "offline notification" every minute if I keep deleting the offline notification as they appear on my phone.  As long as I don't delete the first offline notification, subsequent offline notifications won't keep coming in.  This really doesn't bother me since I want to keep track of when it went offline initially anyway.  Just thought I would share.