3rd Party Patching of Windows 11 and Server 2022

Donald Jackson

So I've asked this question several times and I can't get an answer, so here I go again. Why doesn't and when will Pulseway support patching 3rd Party Apps on Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022? We've subscribed to 3PP however when we purchased it we didn't know that it doesn't work on those 2 OS. Whenever I as ask I'm told to use "Custom Titles" or submit a feature request. Why should I have to use Custom Titles if we've paid for 3PP and isn't 3PP a feature of the Pulseway patch management product?

I just need to know if and when this is coming or should I start looking for a better product... hopefully I can get a straight answer.

Thank you.

• Administrators

Hi @Donald Jackson

Thanks a mill for reaching out! Can I ask which apps you are looking to Patch as we support a wide of out of the box titles regardless of OS ( most of which are listed here: https://www.pulseway.com/patch-management

The custom titles feature is there to help you configure patching for app that we don't natively patch within our tool! Let me know if this makes sense and if you have any other questions please let me know! 

Thanks, 
Stefan

Good morning Stafan,

The problem isn't with any particular application, the issue is the message received says that 3PP is not supported on Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 which was later confirmed by who I assume is our account rep. However, we have been using other methods to mitigate the cURL problem and also manage VMware Tools versions, to name a couple. I randomly selected about 50 or so items on the list of supported apps for 3PP, and none included those two OS's, and again, our account rep told us it's not supported. So my question is, is this ever going to happen?