Using Terminal to Start Programs

creatorss

Greetings,

This question may be more appropriate in another place but I am sure someone here can answer my question. In additon to using this wonderful software to monitor my home computers I occasionally use it to stop a program from running by killing the process. I would love the ability to start a program remotely as well. I have messed with the Terminal command prompt option today and have sucessfully started the program I wanted remotely however it ran as "System" instead of "MyUserName" so it didn't really accomplish what I wanted.

I have tried every combination of runas: type prompt I could locate via google with no luck. Can anyone tell me how to structure my command prompt to start a program located in my program files as a user so it will load as that user instead of system.

I am running 64 bit Windows 7. The program I remotely stop and want to start is Utorrent. I will kill it remotely when I want more bandwidth out of my home internet as I am stuck with 4 meg DSL and I would like to remote start it when I am out of the house when bandwidth isn't a concern. But when I start the program under "System" it doesn't load uploads and downloads under user name

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

If you want your processes to start as your username you need to make scheduled tasks and set them to run by manual request only. Then you will need to set PC Monitor to control the specific tasks (you can do this remotely via Dashboard) and you can fire up application in no time :lol:

I am familar with how to create a .bat file and go that route, but it still opened under system instead of user. I attempted to go the schedule task route and am not sure how to go this route. I am not sure how to configure task or how to trigger it once I did.

• Administrators

• Go to start -> run
  • Type: taskschd.msc
  • On the right hand side of the screen click on the 'Create Task' text link
  • Write a task name
  • Go to actions and click on Add -> then you can browse for a binary file or even a batch script if you wish. You can even set a parameter if you need.
  • Press Ok to save you task.
  • Open Mobile PC Monitor Manager and check your Scheduled task to monitor (to be able to start and stop if from your mobile device)