FTAO POTS creator - a few issues

Hi,

I have installed POTS in MobilePCMonitor on two Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 SP1 servers. On the first server, I installed the plugin, and restarted the POTS service (although not required) and the menu has the POTS menu and relevant sub menus (anti-virus). However, this looks like the "simple" config file in the plugin dir. If I make a change in that config xml file and re-load the plugin and restart the service, the change is not picked up in POTS (e.g. change "PowerOfTheShell" to "sksjksjsjs" in the xml file).

On the 2nd server, if I delete all but the nested (and largest) config xml file in the plugin dir, and install the plugin/restart the windows service, there is no change picked up in POTS/MobilePCMonitor (it just displays the anti-virus Powershell menu, which is the simple config xml file).

It seems like POTS is looking at another config file?

Thanks

• Administrators

Hello,

As far as I know POTS is looking for the config.xml that's located in the same folder with the DLL file you linked into pc monitor manager.

Hi There,

Thanks for using POTS.

Paul is right. POTS are looking for the config.xml file (as the only one) in the same directory as you installed the plugin and loaded it in PCM.

The config examples provided is just that exactly, you can make your own or use one of them as a template and then rename it to config.xml.

This will be the one active.

This is resolved. Not sure why it didn't work (found it odd as it worked for all the other people in the pinned thread), rebooted the server and all is well (can edit the config file in that dir and the changes are picked up).

Another question, to display data from powershell scripts, they need to use write-host, correct? IE if I want to display a variable, etc.

Glad that it worked for you :)

You cannot use write-host to display a variable as you normally do when running it in powershell prompt, since there is no shell to write to when inside of POTS. Use the script samples provided they will give you an idea on how the scripts should look. Should be very easy to convert your output from one to another. If you have some specific code you want to have help with just let me know :)