Notification When Internet Connection is Lost

Velkei

• Administrators

Hi there,

You can make use of the "Send a notification when the computer is offline" notification (first one on the Pulseway Manager -> Notifications -> Status tab).

-Paul

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think that would work if the PW Manager couldn't send a notification due to Internet loss.  I currently use ConnectWise Automate and they have this feature.  Have any other ideas?

• Administrators

It's not the Pulseway agent that sends the notification but just informs the server that if it no longer hears from the agent after a period of time to send the offline notification.

-Paul

In that case, I believe the offline notification sends after 15 minutes.  Is that correct?  If so, is there a way to lower the threashold?  15 minutes seems like a long time to wait to discover your server is down.

Thank you, Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I can piggyback on this topic but let me try.

In my use case, we monitor devices on vehicles that often go to areas with no mobile reception.
So I still want to send a notification, but not at the moment they become offline, preferably after a few hours or so.
Now, Notifications > Status has "send a notification when the computer is offline," but we can't set a duration to hold off.

Do you have any suggestion for me to give a try? Maybe I can somehow use performance monitoring with a little trick?

• Administrators

The threshold is only configurable for the Team plan. You could have it notify you only after an hour too.

-Paul

Hi @Paul

I just realized that I have a Team plan. And yet I don't see duration setting on Server Admin > Policies > Notifications > Status (find the attached screenshot).
What do I miss?

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 1.04.07 AM.png

• Administrators

You can change the threshold from the Server Admin -> Settings page (first tab, first setting if I am not mistaken). Let me know how it goes.

-Paul

• 2 months later...

Hi Paul

Any plans on changing the threshold from a Plan-Wide to Group-wide?
Currently have a scenario where some of our customers want a different offline-interval than the plan-wide one.

Would be lovely if we could set it per group-based!

-Rasmus

• Administrators

Hi Rasmus,

I can definitely see the use case for that. Can you drop it as a feature request here? We use that portal to identify which are the most pressing things we need to look at in the near future.

-Paul